+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit Refusal

Confused04

May 12, 2015
Hi,

Today I received refusal mail for my post graduation work permit as they didn't receive my receipt of additional $100 payment. This payment has been made by me and I have the receipt for same which has been attached to my application. It even shows on application that the receipt has been attached but still I received a refusal. Really don't know how to go about. Tried calling CIC but they had heavy call flow.

If anyone has any information or faced similar problem please share so I know what steps can be taken

Thank You.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Confused04 said:
Hi,

Today I received refusal mail for my post graduation work permit as they didn't receive my receipt of additional $100 payment. This payment has been made by me and I have the receipt for same which has been attached to my application. It even shows on application that the receipt has been attached but still I received a refusal. Really don't know how to go about. Tried calling CIC but they had heavy call flow.

If anyone has any information or faced similar problem please share so I know what steps can be taken

Thank You.
Was this an online application? How did you make additional payment? You should send an email, the offices do not generally address issues over the phone. Send an email explaining the situation and attach a copy of the receipt.

Confused04

May 12, 2015
thank u for your reply

yes this was online application the payment was done online again and the receipt was attached to my application.

they haven't provided with any email address....if u have one can please share

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
How about call them again in the early morning? Usually it easy to get through. By the way I applied my pgwp on mar19, still didn't receive the email indicating I need pay the extra 100. Could you share your timeline? Thanks

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Don't be so panic about this. They often made mistakes like this. Last year my friend applied for entry visa and haven't heard since then. 4 month later he got a refusal letter indicate he didn't send his passport on time. However, there is no email and updates in cic account. He called cic server all times in morning, and they reissue the visa without asking him to pay extra money

ynajmee

May 24, 2012
Call the CIC and see what they can do about this. Don't call just once, call 2-3 times if you are not getting a satisfactory answer from them.
I would also fill out the case specific enquiry (google it) and report a technical issue. Make sure to attach all the documents and make a request for reconsideration in the explanation part.
Hope it all works out for you. All the best.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Confused04 said:
applied on Feb 21 and additional payment notification received on April 23
It is weird that you were denied before the 30 day period was up. Didn't the letter give you 30 days to make payment? In which case the 30 days would be around the 23 of May. Something is not right here. I asked what VO you used in because being in Canada doesn't always equate to having application processed in Canada. However I am not certain of this in regards to PGWP. To email a copy of your receipt you would have to know the specific office that processed your case.

FYI If your attempt to overturn the refusal fails at least you'll get the $100 fee back.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1030&t=17

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
If you have already made the payment u can fight it. Call CIC during the early hours to get through the call. Use 3 2 0 to talk to the agent. They start working from 8 am, so call at 8 . It connects within 5 mins

Or if they as usual ask to hold the call, just put on the headphones and wait, it is important for you. So we gotta wait as long as we can. My personal experience, call the in the early hours. Always worked for me

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
Hi,
My case is somewhat similar to you. I got refusal because I didn't attach the receipt of $100.I applied online on 21st of February and at that time I paid all fee while submitting online application. They should have to add $100 at the time of checkout and not confusing us by sending emails.
I got refusal of work permit on 14th of May. I applied for restoration on 15th of may by paying $200 for restoration, $100 for open work permit and $155 for post graduate work permit. I can't work anywhere because of this. Waisted alot of money on studies here and now only frustration and tension.

Please let me know if your issue is resolved and are you working or not?

Thanks

Avrilpotter

May 6, 2013
Hi guys , don't worry if you've been rejected just because of the 100 additional payment. I've been through the exact same process and I finally got my PGWP(without the refusal record as they probably withdrawed the refusal letter). I'll share my time line with you hope it'll help.
2015-2-24 applied PGWP online through myCIC
2015-4-30 CIC request for work permit holder fee through CIC notice
2015-5-2 submit the $150 application fee receipt ( which is wrong) through CIC
2015-5-17 Got an email notice from UBC international advisor, by then I realize the mistake I've made and made the $100 payment through "case-emergency" link and attached the receipt through the link
2015-5-21 Got refusal letter from CIC
Tried to get help from UBC international office but they were not helpful at all besides asking me to hire a RCIC representative. I've tried to find one but encountered either crook or evil lawyer... One of them asking me to pay him $10,000 as he said he has interal source in CIC department who can "take care " of my case. Gladly I didn't buy his f*** bullshit! Others tried to have me apply for restoration, however I thought it is just a simple mistake by CIC ( as they changed their policy without alert applicant clearly) so I thought I should try my best to find an easier way instead of going through a 3 month restoration application which might be risky as I was graduated last December and there might be chances that CIC reject me again. Believe me the process of finding help is painful. But I made it.
2015-5-30 send CIC a brief explanation through the "case-emergency" link and attached the 100 payment receipt again
2015-6-8 Got a very brief reply from CIC stating that my case has been transferred to appropriate service
2015-7-1 (yes , on Canada day) got my work permit through MyCIC.
Right now I'm applying for TRV to get back to Canada.
Hopefully sooner!

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avrilpotter said:
Hi guys , don't worry if you've been rejected just because of the 100 additional payment. I've been through the exact same process and I finally got my PGWP(without the refusal record as they probably withdrawed the refusal letter). I'll share my time line with you hope it'll help.
2015-2-24 applied PGWP online through myCIC
2015-4-30 CIC request for work permit holder fee through CIC notice
2015-5-2 submit the $150 application fee receipt ( which is wrong) through CIC
2015-5-17 Got an email notice from UBC international advisor, by then I realize the mistake I've made and made the $100 payment through "case-emergency" link and attached the receipt through the link
2015-5-21 Got refusal letter from CIC
Tried to get help from UBC international office but they were not helpful at all besides asking me to hire a RCIC representative. I've tried to find one but encountered either crook or evil lawyer... One of them asking me to pay him $10,000 as he said he has interal source in CIC department who can "take care " of my case. Gladly I didn't buy his f*** bull*censored word*! Others tried to have me apply for restoration, however I thought it is just a simple mistake by CIC ( as they changed their policy without alert applicant clearly) so I thought I should try my best to find an easier way instead of going through a 3 month restoration application which might be risky as I was graduated last December and there might be chances that CIC reject me again. Believe me the process of finding help is painful. But I made it.
2015-5-30 send CIC a brief explanation through the "case-emergency" link and attached the 100 payment receipt again
2015-6-8 Got a very brief reply from CIC stating that my case has been transferred to appropriate service
2015-7-1 (yes , on Canada day) got my work permit through MyCIC.
Right now I'm applying for TRV to get back to Canada.
Hopefully sooner!
HI,

how can you know you don't have a 'refusal record '?

can you share "case-emergency" as well.

Avrilpotter

May 6, 2013
alexliu said:
HI,

how can you know you don't have a 'refusal record '?

can you share "case-emergency" as well.
Hi Alexliu,
I cannot find my refusal letter from my CIC account and the application status of the PGWP shows "approval" therefore I think they might have withdrawaled the refusal letter.
secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
I've post the link case emergency link above. In case the link doesn't show just google" CIC CASE EMERGENCY ENQURY" .