AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
kool.keith said:
Hello guys

I'm a prospective student , I have applied at Dal , Ryerson , Memorial , York , Uni of Regina.
And I wish to get PGWP right after entering Canada.

Could you please just walk me through the process and requirements of PGWP?
Hi,

The PGWP is only available to individuals who have completed an academic program in Canada. You cannot receive a PGWP right after entering Canada. You will receive a Study Permit that authorizes you to work for 20 hours per week during academic sessions and you can work full time during scheduled breaks.

You can find more information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/index.asp

vishpp

Dec 8, 2015
My Employer said that they are ready to hire me as I am on implied status but when they are entering my SIN for payroll purpose it is saying "expired".

I called CIC they said there is no issue I can work As I am on Implied status and service Canada said that as my study permit expired my SIN is also expired, but I can work If I want and my employer agrees.

I am totally confused.

I applied on Sept 9, 2015.

update on Dec 25, 2015.

No further information from CIC, they said It is in process.

Let me know if somebody had experience anything same or have any solution.

Thanks!!!!

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
vishpp said:
My Employer said that they are ready to hire me as I am on implied status but when they are entering my SIN for payroll purpose it is saying "expired".

I called CIC they said there is no issue I can work As I am on Implied status and service Canada said that as my study permit expired my SIN is also expired, but I can work If I want and my employer agrees.

I am totally confused.

I applied on Sept 9, 2015.

update on Dec 25, 2015.

No further information from CIC, they said It is in process.

Let me know if somebody had experience anything same or have any solution.

Thanks!!!!
I believe you can work on implied status and with an expired SIN. I didn't begin my job on implied status. But after working a couple of months, I went on implied status on Nov 30 and my SIN expired. Both my husband and I needed to submit documents to our employers, proving that we had PGWP and Open Work permit applications under processing. We also needed to show the CIC manual where it states that you can work on implied status and with expired SIN. Our employers accepted these and we were paid using our expired SINs.

I suggest discussing with your employer and showing him the CIC manual.

nniranc

Jan 6, 2016
I applied on August 27th for post grad work permit:
I got 2 black updated mails from cic
but still waiting :( :(

My study permit and sin got expired on Dec 30..

anyone over here applied on the same date? Currently working but damn afraid and damn worried about the status!

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
nniranc said:
I applied on August 27th for post grad work permit:
I got 2 black updated mails from cic
but still waiting :( :(

My study permit and sin got expired on Dec 30..

anyone over here applied on the same date? Currently working but damn afraid and damn worried about the status!
I feel your pain; i applied on august 31st and still nothing :(

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^
i called yesterday and they said they are now working on applications received on aug 12 online. same as what is written in the website.

and you can stay in canada as long as u have applied for the work permit. not sure about the SIN number, im also using my old sin number even though it is expired. :eek:

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/reports/sin/cop/section3.shtml

6. What is implied status?

If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations provides them the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions, pending a determination of their application for renewal, as long as they remain in Canada. This is referred as “implied status”. The temporary foreign worker will have implied status until a decision is rendered by CIC.

As soon as a decision has been rendered by CIC authorizing the employee to continue to work in Canada, the employer must verify the new immigration document and the expiry date. The employer must also inform the employee to apply with his or her new immigration document to Service Canada for the SIN record to be updated with the new expiry date.

For more information regarding “implied status”, visit the CIC website or call the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.
I guess no need for SIN number now as long a you have implied status, correct me if im wrong.

ayay

Feb 24, 2013
does any one know about applying for pgwp at the border? So here is the thing after your graduation if you still hold a valid study permit and trv and travel outside canada and then come back before the expiry of your study permit ... the guys on the border/poe can issue you a visa. I herd this from a distant friend and read the same on Mcgill's website

https://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/work/work-permits/post-graduation-work-permit

thoughts???

nniranc

Jan 6, 2016
I applied on August 27th for post grad work permit,
I got 2 black updated mails from cic.. and today my status was approved, but still didn't receive the mail though..
All the best ppl :)

Mohitalodhia

Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am done with the waiting now and worried as well.
I graduated on aug 17.
Applied on aug 20 2015
Got couple of blank updates.
As of today no approval.
And still file open.
People who applied aftet me are now getting approval.
I did 19 courses from one college and i had 1 left and my college didnt offer that course so i did it from athabasca univercity and transfered credits. By doing so i avoided to extend my study permit and finished my course and graduated 10 days before my status expires in canada and applied 8 days before expiring of status.
Any one has any idea why mine is not yet approved or file closed.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Mohitalodhia said:
Hi everyone,

I am done with the waiting now and worried as well.
I graduated on aug 17.
Applied on aug 20 2015
Got couple of blank updates.
As of today no approval.
And still file open.
People who applied aftet me are now getting approval.
I did 19 courses from one college and i had 1 left and my college didnt offer that course so i did it from athabasca univercity and transfered credits. By doing so i avoided to extend my study permit and finished my course and graduated 10 days before my status expires in canada and applied 8 days before expiring of status.
Any one has any idea why mine is not yet approved or file closed.

If that one course was done online, you are likely in trouble.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone who applied on or before aug 20 for pgwp and still waiting?

richardlin

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 16, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 28, 2016 (Passed)
Interview........
No (Jan 11, 2017 Decision Made on ECAS)
Passport Req..
Jan 24, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 5, 2017
I submitted my PGWP application online on January 3rd.
And last Thursday on January 7th my application has been decided/closed.

Isn't it the fastest permit processing time ever?!

Unfortunately, my application is REFUSED. :(

I guess they are fast when it comes to refusing an application. -_-