+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

Explorers

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
marathongirl said:
Guys, I received a reply yesterday - after having waited since May for a reply, and my PGWP was refused. I went back into my application - and instead of a "letter from an institution" showing I'd completed my studies at the university, it was a repeated upload of my passport page. I absolutely cannot believe this happened, nor can I believe that I overlooked that when applying.
Absolutely distraught.

They said I can apply for restoration of status, and pay $455 - I'm assuming this cost is for restoration of status ($200) and also $255 to again apply for the PGWP. But at least they've given me this option to restore, and not just said "get out"..

I'm so worried now though because my study permit expired at the end of July...so I'm not within the 90 days anymore, but do you think the because my original application was within the original time frame, that they will restore my status and consider my PGWP again??
Like I said, I'm so upset at the moment. Have also had to leave my job as I'm no longer allowed to be employed in Canada.

If anyone could help, or has been in this situation...I'd really appreciate it.
Also when you're uploading your stuff, CHECK and double check !!!!!
Hi. Don't worry about leaving Canada now. You can remain here and apply for restoration, but you cannot work.

akashathale

Oct 23, 2012
Hi all,
I applied for my PGWP on october 28th with my final transcript...

My transcript shows the date of program completion as 28th August 2015..

Just wanted to know is that enough or does need to show date of convocation as well(It shows Nov 2015).

Help and advise is appreciated

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
samroc said:
Hi Everyone, I got an update today.

Here is my timeline

Applied: September 10th 2015
Blank update: November 8, December 25
Approval: December 29th 2015 (Just says approved, approval letter etc is not available) I just logged in to check and didn't receive another update email.
Mail Delivery: Pending

Hope the approval is real and not a system issue!

Thanks and good luck to everyone else.
Thanks for sharing the information. Hope everyone else can get their PGWP on time!

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
akashathale said:
Hi all,
I applied for my PGWP on october 28th with my final transcript...

My transcript shows the date of program completion as 28th August 2015..

Just wanted to know is that enough or does need to show date of convocation as well(It shows Nov 2015).

Help and advise is appreciated
I think the appearance of completion date is enough. The convocation is just like a celebration apart from your study.

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
pankaj281 said:
I agree with you. The information on the website seems incorrect/false if you compare it with what the call centre says. I am really disappointed with the way cic deals with the applications. It does not helps the applicants in determining how long it would take after the processing time has been past.

I submitted online application on aug 20 and still waiting for decision.

Is there any way to lodge a complaint?
Yes, on CIC website, under feedback->select complaint. And log down your comments

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
Honestly I don't understand this whole process. My application was submitted on August 31st and it now says that they are processing applications from september 3rd. This is completely ridiculous! It's been 4 months!!!!

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady_in__red said:
Honestly I don't understand this whole process. My application was submitted on August 31st and it now says that they are processing applications from september 3rd. This is completely ridiculous! It's been 4 months!!!!
Applied aug 20
Still waiting

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
Hi, need help! What should I do, if I provide wrong information about the application form. Today, I suddenly found that I have to provide my personal history for past ten years. However, I misunderstood this with work history, so I only provided the work history of myself. :-[ What should I do? Please help me!

vishpp

Dec 8, 2015
My timeline:

Applied on September 9, 2015.

update on December 25, 2015. ( when I logged into MyCIC it is still the same)

Waiting for Approval.

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
vishpp said:
My timeline:

Applied on September 9, 2015.

update on December 25, 2015. ( when I logged into MyCIC it is still the same)

Waiting for Approval.
I don't understand how can there be an update on december 25th when nobody is working. There is obviously a glitch in the system.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lady_in__red said:
I don't understand how can there be an update on december 25th when nobody is working. There is obviously a glitch in the system.
The updated are automated emails. No one needs to initiate the emails.
There might be a service that listens for any changes and fires the emails at a pre-determined time.

sak_saksham

Jan 2, 2016
Hello All,

My consultant is stating, if i enroll for the Dual degree MBA program for VIU. The program is for 14 months and additional 4 months internship. I will be eligible for 3 years of PGWP. However, the CIC websites states, PGWP is offered no longer than the course duration. I am currently employeed as Business Analyst with Barclays for close to years and have worked with Moddy's indian subsidiary close to a year. I looking for MBA or PGDM option in Canada, which can offer me 3 years of PGWP and then further can apply for PR. Kindly help me with your valuable advice. However, I only have 15 years of educations, thereafter don't have many options.

Jojcanada

Dec 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried flag poling at Pearson 4 days ago and was told not possible :( very disappointed

ndrs11 said:
If you're still within the 90 day range, I'd suggest you apply online or flagpole, and then request your paper application to be withdrawn.

but the first step would be to call CIC tomorrow and ask them.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hello guys

I'm a prospective student , I have applied at Dal , Ryerson , Memorial , York , Uni of Regina.
And I wish to get PGWP right after entering Canada.

Could you please just walk me through the process and requirements of PGWP?