Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Everyone,

I had applied for my PGWP on aug 20 and till now i have only received one email saying that my application has been updated. It has not been approved yet. The processing time on the website shows 120 days and it has past since i applied. I called CIC and they said the officer working on my file needs more time.

This is frustrating as there is no transparency in the process. The website has not been updated since 2 weeks.
Does anyone have any idea how or what pattern is used to process the files?

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I applied the same day as you. still waiting. also only get one email saying the same. other emails r just monthly "no updates" email.
pankaj281 said:
Hey Everyone,

I had applied for my PGWP on aug 20 and till now i have only received one email saying that my application has been updated. It has not been approved yet. The processing time on the website shows 120 days and it has past since i applied. I called CIC and they said the officer working on my file needs more time.

This is frustrating as there is no transparency in the process. The website has not been updated since 2 weeks.
Does anyone have any idea how or what pattern is used to process the files?

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kestefanie880 said:
I applied 19 Aug, and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what is CIC doing....
:Website updated:
Now it shows processing time of 120 days and Aug 12 files under process.

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Next week I will try to call CIC even I know probably they wont help, wish we get PGWP soon. I applied on 20 Aug.
wnh said:
I submitted my my application on Aug 17th and it has not been approved yet.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhouyvan said:
Next week I will try to call CIC even I know probably they wont help, wish we get PGWP soon. I applied on 20 Aug.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Working on applications submitted on : September 3, 2015

Back in December 14, 2015. They were working on applications submitted on August 5, 2015.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
Working on applications submitted on : September 3, 2015

Back in December 14, 2015. They were working on applications submitted on August 5, 2015.
The call centre says 'if your application was submitted after August 1 then it has not been processed'

CIC call centre agents say that information on the website is for estimation only.

akashathale

Oct 23, 2012
Hi all,
I applied for my PGWP on october 28th with my final transcript...

My transcript shows the date of program completion as 28th August 2015..

Just wanted to know is that enough or does need to show date of convocation as well(It shows Nov 2015).

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I just called call centre, she said she will send a message to CIC, coz my application still no result. online 20 Aug.

Does anyone knows what would happen after call centre send this message? thank you so much.

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
Application submitted on 19th Aug. I called call centre as well, and they said they are unable to send any message to CIC, and they can't help to speed up processing my application. And they also said the longest time I can wait is until mid May. The agent is really inpatient. In Conclusion, I really don't know the purpose of having a call centre and the purpose of having the following page: cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhouyvan said:
I just called call centre, she said she will send a message to CIC, coz my application still no result. online 20 Aug.

Does anyone knows what would happen after call centre send this message? thank you so much.
I think CIC would take its own sweet time to respond. I also called cic to ask the same thing and they said the response time would depend on the number of requests that have already been made. So I would suggest just be patient.
There is no way call centre agents can be of any help. I know this is frustrating, i am on the same boat my friend.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kestefanie880 said:
Application submitted on 19th Aug. I called call centre as well, and they said they are unable to send any message to CIC, and they can't help to speed up processing my application. And they also said the longest time I can wait is until mid May. The agent is really inpatient. In Conclusion, I really don't know the purpose of having a call centre and the purpose of having the following page: cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
I agree with you. The information on the website seems incorrect/false if you compare it with what the call centre says. I am really disappointed with the way cic deals with the applications. It does not helps the applicants in determining how long it would take after the processing time has been past.

I submitted online application on aug 20 and still waiting for decision.

Is there any way to lodge a complaint?

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Hi Everyone, I got an update today.

Here is my timeline

Applied: September 10th 2015
Blank update: November 8, December 25
Approval: December 29th 2015 (Just says approved, approval letter etc is not available) I just logged in to check and didn't receive another update email.
Mail Delivery: Pending

Hope the approval is real and not a system issue!

Thanks and good luck to everyone else.