+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
ndrs11 said:
When did you apply?
I'm not sure that you can submit more documents after it has been sent through mail.
I suggest you call CIC and talk to them about this to see what options they give you.

In any scenario, do not wait for CIC to process your application, you need to act now.
Hi I applied at the end of October! I think I will call them tomorrow morning to see what I can do! By the way, the processing time goes up to 116 days, is it true? it's almost four months!

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Fraya said:
Hi I applied at the end of October! I think I will call them tomorrow morning to see what I can do! By the way, the processing time goes up to 116 days, is it true? it's almost four months!
If you're still within the 90 day range, I'd suggest you apply online or flagpole, and then request your paper application to be withdrawn.

but the first step would be to call CIC tomorrow and ask them.

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
ndrs11 said:
If you're still within the 90 day range, I'd suggest you apply online or flagpole, and then request your paper application to be withdrawn.

but the first step would be to call CIC tomorrow and ask them.
Thank you so much! I am not sure whether I am still within 90 days or not! I will check when I go back! Thanks!

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

try to look on the last column, "Working on applications submitted on", are those dates frequently changed?

right now they are working on applications submitted on August 5, 2015

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Any one know that after completing my Masters in 1 year (3 terms, 4 months each) from UBC, how much long PGWP will be given to me ?

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hassaan1992 said:
Any one know that after completing my Masters in 1 year (3 terms, 4 months each) from UBC, how much long PGWP will be given to me ?
I did my Masters in 16 months (4 continuous semesters) and I got 3 years of work permit. But for people with 1 year ( 3 continuous Semesters) I think they will issue for 12 months only or maximum 16 months (may be I am wrong, you can wait for others to reply).

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
ayaz94 said:
I did my Masters in 16 months (4 continuous semesters) and I got 3 years of work permit. But for people with 1 year ( 3 continuous Semesters) I think they will issue for 12 months only or maximum 16 months (may be I am wrong, you can wait for others to reply).
from which univ u have done masters ?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hassaan1992 said:
1 year AFAIK. But the good thing is you can apply for PR straight after graduating.

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
hell911 said:
1 year AFAIK. But the good thing is you can apply for PR straight after graduating.
How can I apply for PR after graduation? PNP-BC for International Graduate Students is closed now a days, I have heard :(

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hassaan1992 said:
from which univ u have done masters ?
I did from UofC.

Btw I also heard that PNP-BC offers Int. student to apply soon after graduation. They don't need to show a job offer letter. Don't know if its closed or not but you have to dig in through it to check when they are opening and what will be the cap.

Guri mahal

Jul 24, 2015
Hello i am studying in Toronto. My post secondary certificate course is of 1 year and will be completed in may. I want to know about should i extend my study permit or should i apply for work visa in may.. can anyone tell me pls i am so confused..

kestefanie880

Dec 11, 2015
I am so annoyed and confused why CIC doesn't update their website regularly.

If you take a look of cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp, the last time they updated was December 4th. As an official government website, it really makes it difficult for people to track their application status.

Anyone else found this pissed off as well?

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
So that the call centre could have a good excuse to not help you as the date of processing is always early.
kestefanie880 said:
I am so annoyed and confused why CIC doesn't update their website regularly.

If you take a look of cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp, the last time they updated was December 4th. As an official government website, it really makes it difficult for people to track their application status.

Anyone else found this pissed off as well?

marathongirl

Jul 31, 2015
Guys, I received a reply yesterday - after having waited since May for a reply, and my PGWP was refused. I went back into my application - and instead of a "letter from an institution" showing I'd completed my studies at the university, it was a repeated upload of my passport page. I absolutely cannot believe this happened, nor can I believe that I overlooked that when applying.
Absolutely distraught.

They said I can apply for restoration of status, and pay $455 - I'm assuming this cost is for restoration of status ($200) and also $255 to again apply for the PGWP. But at least they've given me this option to restore, and not just said "get out"..

I'm so worried now though because my study permit expired at the end of July...so I'm not within the 90 days anymore, but do you think the because my original application was within the original time frame, that they will restore my status and consider my PGWP again??
Like I said, I'm so upset at the moment. Have also had to leave my job as I'm no longer allowed to be employed in Canada.

If anyone could help, or has been in this situation...I'd really appreciate it.
Also when you're uploading your stuff, CHECK and double check !!!!!

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
hello all, recently two of my friend get post graduate work permit for 3 years as their study program was only 10 months. is that rare case or CIC is now issue all new pgwp to 3 years bcz of slow processing application? whoever received their pgwp recently, please share your information to help fellow students. :) :)