+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit Help!!!

Anna07

Nov 10, 2015
I just finished my program last Nov 6 and I want to apply for PGWP but then I found out that my school is not included in the post secondary schools accepted by the CIC to apply for PGWP. I took a program that is more than 8 mos and a full time student. The only problem is the school. Should I try my luck and apply or just find another way for me to extend my stay here in Canada? Please help. my visa expires o Feb 5 next year.

Divine11

Dec 1, 2012
Anna07 said:
Can anybody help me with this?

Hi, Can you please share some details please.

1. When you say school are you referring to private college you persued your course ?
2. Name of college/ school and duration of course. ?

Anna07

Nov 10, 2015
I took the Medical Laboratory Assistant program at CDI College. I had my practicum at Fort St. Jon Hospital and they only offered me a Casual Position. They told me in order for me to apply for a working permit, I need to have a full time job offer but unfortunately for a newbie like me they can only offer me a casual position. They advise me to apply for the PGWP but I checked the list of the schools accepted but my school is not included. So I'm thinking of there is any way I can do to extend my stay here as a worker.

Anna07

Nov 10, 2015
Divine11 said:
Hi, Can you please share some details please.

1. When you say school are you referring to private college you persued your course ?
2. Name of college/ school and duration of course. ?
Anna07 said:
I took the Medical Laboratory Assistant program at CDI College. I had my practicum at Fort St. Jon Hospital and they only offered me a Casual Position. They told me in order for me to apply for a working permit, I need to have a full time job offer but unfortunately for a newbie like me they can only offer me a casual position. They advise me to apply for the PGWP but I checked the list of the schools accepted but my school is not included. So I'm thinking of there is any way I can do to extend my stay here as a worker.