+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit Delay Issue.

Mar 31, 2010
Hi ,
I am Chatarsal Singh , I have done 2 years of animation schooling here in Vancouver.

I applied for my post graduation work permit on the 15th of DEC and have received conformation from call center agents that CIC received my application on the 21st of December , And till today I have not heard a word from the people at CIC. I talk to the call center agents almost everyday and all they tell me is "It's in Verification process" . I have been waiting for 3 and a half months with NO answers what so ever. Without any source of income , I have been borrowing more money from my bank waiting for my work permit.

I have had 2 job offers from very respectable companies that concern the profession I am trying to pursue, offered in january, shortly after I applied for work permit , and one offer is still pending.

My entire life has been put on hold because of this , It's highly disappointing. I don't understand why they wont issue the permit or tell me what is going on, Please Help.
-Chatarsal Singh.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chatrasalsingh said:
Hi ,
I am Chatarsal Singh , I have done 2 years of animation schooling here in Vancouver.

I applied for my post graduation work permit on the 15th of DEC and have received conformation from call center agents that CIC received my application on the 21st of December , And till today I have not heard a word from the people at CIC. I talk to the call center agents almost everyday and all they tell me is "It's in Verification process" . I have been waiting for 3 and a half months with NO answers what so ever. Without any source of income , I have been borrowing more money from my bank waiting for my work permit.

I have had 2 job offers from very respectable companies that concern the profession I am trying to pursue, offered in january, shortly after I applied for work permit , and one offer is still pending.

My entire life has been put on hold because of this , It's highly disappointing. I don't understand why they wont issue the permit or tell me what is going on, Please Help.
-Chatarsal Singh.
It could be that the Vancouver Film School doesn't meet the requirements for a PGWP

You may apply for a work permit if you:
•graduated from a specific program of full-time study (of at least eight months) in Canada at:
·a public post-secondary institution; or
·a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec fit that description); or
·a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial law to confer degrees, but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.

Mar 31, 2010
A friend of mine who is from India as well applied for his work permit after he graduated from VanArts (my first year i did there). I also have 4 other people who got their work permit application rejected (from different institutions) , however in both cases , success or failure , they all got their replies in 20 - 25 days. It has been over 100 days for me. I want to know who can I contact , and how. The call center agents are of no help what so ever , cause they have only one answer "Its in process" . How long can i wait , this is a special case , i can assure you . But how do i get my message across to the right people? How can I do anything at all to actually know what is happening?

coaxial88

Aug 14, 2010
hi i think a have a very similar case, i called to the call centre, and they told me that i should wait for 6 more weeks after waiting for more than 2 months , but i started asking more questions and the lady there told me that my permit was denied and that i should apply for a TRV, a that she was telling me that to take action if i wanted to stay in canada.