+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST GRADUATE WORKPERMIT - PNP

kvan

Nov 24, 2014
Hi friends,

I'm going to graduate this December with a job offer. My company will be able to help me with my immigration application. My study permit expires on 31 March 2015. I would like to apply for PNP(Student with job offer).
I'm just wondering if I need to apply for a PGWP first, or apply directly for PNP ?
Also, in case for some reasons my PGWP get refused, What are my options ?

It really stresses me out. I'm having Exams during this time while thinking about these immigration stuffs.

I'm looking forward for your advises and suggestions.

Thank you very much !!

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
kvan said:
Hi friends,

I'm going to graduate this December with a job offer. My company will be able to help me with my immigration application. My study permit expires on 31 March 2015. I would like to apply for PNP(Student with job offer).
I'm just wondering if I need to apply for a PGWP first, or apply directly for PNP ?
Also, in case for some reasons my PGWP get refused, What are my options ?

It really stresses me out. I'm having Exams during this time while thinking about these immigration stuffs.

I'm looking forward for your advises and suggestions.

Thank you very much !!
You cannot work with a study permit. Even if you have an off-campus work permit, this is attached to your Study Permit and your primary status in Canada is a student.

That said, apply for your PGWP in order to work. Don't worry about a rejection, I have yet to hear someone get rejected(AS LONG AS your diploma/degree satisfies the requirements listed on the CIC website). And make sure you send your program completion letter.. Not sure if you have one as you are still having exams.

Apply to PNP after your probation period (if you have one) and after you have your PGWP. Good luck.

kvan

Nov 24, 2014
Thank you, friend.

At least, it was a really positive suggestion that could help me to reduce my stress. I appreciate it.
I dont have probation period at my company. So think I can apply right after I get my Diploma and PGWP ?

kelbc said:
You cannot work with a study permit. Even if you have an off-campus work permit, this is attached to your Study Permit and your primary status in Canada is a student.

That said, apply for your PGWP in order to work. Don't worry about a rejection, I have yet to hear someone get rejected(AS LONG AS your diploma/degree satisfies the requirements listed on the CIC website). And make sure you send your program completion letter.. Not sure if you have one as you are still having exams.

Apply to PNP after your probation period (if you have one) and after you have your PGWP. Good luck.

Bakkad

Oct 5, 2015
PR Card Status update

Hi,

I landed toronto on 3rd September 2015 and it is 5th october 2015 .My status on CIC Website is still decision made.They have not even mentioned my landing status.
Any suggestions? I have talked tocustomer representative but not getting any clarity here.

Suggest!