+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduate work permit

aamer2415

Nov 19, 2019
Hi,
I have completed a one year post graduate program in aug 19 and will be starting another program in Jan 20 with offer letter ready during the break I worked full time as per the law . But my plans are changed now I am willing to apply for post graduate work permit with 1 year program as I got a good job . Is there any chance pgwp gets rejected as I worked full time with out applying for work permit for this many days but did full time keeping in mind to study another program.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I have completed a one year post graduate program in aug 19 and will be starting another program in Jan 20 with offer letter ready during the break I worked full time as per the law . But my plans are changed now I am willing to apply for post graduate work permit with 1 year program as I got a good job . Is there any chance pgwp gets rejected as I worked full time with out applying for work permit for this many days but did full time keeping in mind to study another program.
Yes, your PGWP could be refused. Intentions are irrelevant. Anyone could claim they intended to go to school but changed their mind in order to work full-time. If you don't start your studies again, you have worked illegally.

aamer2415

Nov 19, 2019
is there a way I can get a pgwp as i can show in the application my intentions were clear to study as i paid the complete half tution fee for the program and now my mind is changed.
for proofs, i can attach the fee receipts.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
is there a way I can get a pgwp as i can show in the application my intentions were clear to study as i paid the complete half tution fee for the program and now my mind is changed.
for proofs, i can attach the fee receipts.
You don't qualify, so it is entirely up to the VO that reviews your file if they want to give you a permit or not.