+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-graduate work permit

Sepide

May 16, 2017
Hi all,

I just finished my PhD and I applied for PGWP 2 days ago. My study permit is expiring on July 30 (3 days from now). I tried to extend my health insurance but they asked me for an application number. The only thing CIC has sent me so far is a receipt of payment and there is no application number on it.
Could you guys advise how to get the application number so I can extend my healthcare before my study permit expires?

One more question, in the application documents, it didn't ask me to upload my study permit, so if they come back and ask after my study permit expires, what's gonna happen? Because I applied before it expires but I didn't upload it as a document.

Thanks,
Sepideh

Reactions: Frollo888

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I just finished my PhD and I applied for PGWP 2 days ago. My study permit is expiring on July 30 (3 days from now). I tried to extend my health insurance but they asked me for an application number. The only thing CIC has sent me so far is a receipt of payment and there is no application number on it.
Could you guys advise how to get the application number so I can extend my healthcare before my study permit expires?

One more question, in the application documents, it didn't ask me to upload my study permit, so if they come back and ask after my study permit expires, what's gonna happen? Because I applied before it expires but I didn't upload it as a document.

Thanks,
Sepideh

Hey,

If you have applied online from my CIC account then you will be able to find your application number in table on the same page once you successfully logged in to my CIC account.

For study permit, I am not sure but you can upload your in optional documents section in your application while applying online. I believe you will be Ok..As long as you submitted all your necessary documents then don't need to worry..

Reactions: Sepide

Sepide

May 16, 2017
Hey,

If you have applied online from my CIC account then you will be able to find your application number in table on the same page once you successfully logged in to my CIC account.

For study permit, I am not sure but you can upload your in optional documents section in your application while applying online. I believe you will be Ok..As long as you submitted all your necessary documents then don't need to worry..
Hi,

Thanks for the information.
About the application number, unfortunately, I don't see such number in that table.

As for the study permit, I added through the page that was suggested in the previous reply. Also, I have my UCI number in the application forms, so hopefully it's fine.