+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing times !!! Need immediate advice

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Has any one got a fair idea about flag poling? It seems like a safe option, but is there a way we can still do it, especially the ones who have already applied online?

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
So did anyone get their post graduate work permit. I am in the same boat as you guys and have a full time job. I applied mid-May, and I am still waiting for it. So wanna know if anyone else who applied at the same time got it.

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
needPermit said:
So did anyone get their post graduate work permit. I am in the same boat as you guys and have a full time job. I applied mid-May, and I am still waiting for it. So wanna know if anyone else who applied at the same time got it.
If you have full time job, you can continue working unless a decision has been made to your work permit application.

status

Jul 8, 2015
After 2 years of graduation I was entitled to receive 3 years of Post Graduation work permit. But I received it until the passport expiry date which was June 6th 2015, which counts for 1year and 7 months. On the work permit itself it was mentioned that I should apply for remaining work permit once I renew my passport.
After renewing the passport I applied for work permit extension on March 30th 2015, but my work permit application was sent back to me on May 25th 2015 due to non payment of $100 (open work permit holder fee) which I missed to pay and I was given a deadline to pay the remaining $100 fee by June 6th 2015. I work in Fort Macmurrey for 20 consecutive days and get 10 days off and unfortunately when my Application was sent back from Vegreville I was not available to receive it nor even to check my PO Box. So when I came back on days off on June 10th 2015 I saw the package from Vegreville CIC and it was too late to reapply since June 6 was already gone.
So friends any suggestions on what to do I dont want to loose my job and also is there any way to get Post gard work permit faster or I can request CIC to process it fast. Any suggestion please!!

Thanks in advance.

Post Grad

Jul 28, 2015
I am in the same boat brother even I am looking for any suggestions. I went for Flag Pole but officer told me he cannot guarantee anything. So decided not to do it since it is a risk so I came back from the border.
even if you call CIC call center they just say to write letter of explanation and send it to CPC vegreville for processing request.

I hope somebody have a better answer for us!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post Grad said:
I am in the same boat brother even I am looking for any suggestions. I went for Flag Pole but officer told me he cannot guarantee anything. So decided not to do it since it is a risk so I came back from the border.
even if you call CIC call center they just say to write letter of explanation and send it to CPC vegreville for processing request.

I hope somebody have a better answer for us!
You can't flagpole if you are out of status. All you can do is submit the restoration application and wait.

amitmadaan

Nov 1, 2014
scylla said:
You can't flagpole if you are out of status. All you can do is submit the restoration application and wait.
I applied for PGWP on May 7th. Can I now go for flagpolling? Would they consider me?

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Does anyone have experience with this? Please help..

I understand that one can continue to work with an application for PGWP, until a decision is made.
I also understand that my husband can not apply for my OWP along with his PGWP until he has a job (NOC 0, A, B).
My situation is: my husband is about to finish his co-op and the company is willing to extend his contract. However, at this point, they will only do it for another month. He is a production accountant, which is the required NOC.
Would a one month contract be enough for him to apply for my OWP at the same time?

If no, what happens if he gets a job and his application is still being processed? How can we proceed with my OWP?
Thank you

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
thanuxxi said:
Does anyone have experience with this? Please help..

I understand that one can continue to work with an application for PGWP, until a decision is made.
I also understand that my husband can not apply for my OWP along with his PGWP until he has a job (NOC 0, A, B).
My situation is: my husband is about to finish his co-op and the company is willing to extend his contract. However, at this point, they will only do it for another month. He is a production accountant, which is the required NOC.
Would a one month contract be enough for him to apply for my OWP at the same time?

If no, what happens if he gets a job and his application is still being processed? How can we proceed with my OWP?
Thank you
Flagpoling at the border would be an easier solution. Do research on it, however.

prateekalways

Aug 1, 2015
Hello all...
Am Prateek studying in Humber college and will complete by June 2016...
My student visa is valid till 30th sept 2016
Am worried as i may land in the fix everybody is going through due to delays in getting PGWP after study...
By when does college give the transcripts to apply for PGWP...Pls guide and help me to prepare in advance.
In case i have applied for PGWP in July after getting all my transcripts and am working ...but my visa expires on 30th sept 2016 ...and the PGWP is not received -- what should i do as everybody says that one should not leave the country after applying for PGWP..
help plssss....

can_can

Sep 17, 2015
Hi There,

I applied for PGWP on 6th May. Paid post graduate work permit assess fee ($100) in second half Aug. till now did not get any update.
I have contacted CIC Helpline couple of times, but keep getting the reply like "We see that you application has surpassed the deadlines, but wait for sometime we are still processing". They also told me that you did not pay your processing fee of $255 at once so this delay. But when I applied in May, system was only accepting $155 even if I wanted t pay $255. So didn't know what to do.
Through informal sources I have come to know that people who have applied in June month (after me) got PGWP in August, most of them.
Also one of my close contact who has applied in May 8th, by paying fee in installments ($155+$100)like me also got PGWP last week. It seems like CIC processing application prioritizing in some other criteria, and not in the sequence of application date.

My concerns are:
I am getting job offers, but they just vanish after knowing about my situation. My SIN is still valid.
Anybody suggest please? will be much appreciated. don't know what to do.