+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing times !!! Need immediate advice

tommywu9192

May 28, 2015
jay9091 said:
Well, he applied on sunday 31st may and got an email at 7:47 PM on 1st june saying that its approved and thats it. I didnt believe that as well until I saw his pdf document. I applied on 1st june and on 2nd june i got a mail that my application has been updated and I checked to see in mycic account if there are any messages or what so ever, but I found nothing...!! I am tensed ....
Did he attached his offer letter or he is still looking for a job?

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pokeyoke, were you able to submit your PGSWP application online? I have tried to do online, but have had zero luck getting the write prompts :(

See my post here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pgswp-online-application-problems-t308097.0.html

Thanks for tips!

Gunpowder

Star Member
May 4, 2012
hi there,

I am also in the same situation. But I will tell you one thing, do not travel outside Canada at this time. I have heard some scary stories during the entry time.

Luckily my employer agreed to keep me in the job with my study permit while applied for the work permit and waiting for the result

good luck and wish me as well.

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Processing times have gone up to 89 Days, Which ones should I stick by, the time frame that I applied at the time of application (77) or the current ones.

Poke Yoke.

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
Processing times have gone up to 89 Days, Which ones should I stick by, the time frame that I applied at the time of application (77) or the current ones.

Poke Yoke.
I would say none. The more those days increase, the more time CIC buys for itself to process the applications. In fact if you've noticed, the date of applications being processed by submission date has changed by one day (from March 20 to March 21, 2015).

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Awesome7 said:
I would say none. The more those days increase, the more time CIC buys for itself to process the applications. In fact if you've noticed, the date of applications being processed by submission date has changed by one day (from March 20 to March 21, 2015).
Yea, the work ratio is ridiculous...I would loose everything...i am so tensed...life has came to standstill...

jay9091

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
There was a guy in this thread who posted that he applied on march 17 , i want to ask whether he received his permit or not? and for how long?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Poke,

I dont think so that you can work on implied status.

Read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

Only those who previously held work permit can work. But if you held study permit and are transitioning to work or vice versa, you can not work. Its better to ask your employer to give you leave for few days instead.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
Hi,

I lost a job offer and so I contacted CIC. This is the e-mail they sent. This is making me crazy. Luckily my permit expires on August 31st. If I dont get the PGWP in 3 weeks I need to find a part time job which I know is going to be so hard with this status.

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Transition - Studying and working off-campus to post-graduation work permit

A student can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if they meet all of the requirements of the PGWP program.

While awaiting a decision to be made, they can continue to work and hold a full-time position if, at the time they submit their PGWP application:

They held a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit, or
They held a valid study permit and were eligible to work off-campus without a work permit.
Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

Implied status - Temporary resident

If you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (TR) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an implied status.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit only if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying, if applicable, before the expiry date of your permit.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

As a TR, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved*. This applies to you, among other things, if:
are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
held a valid multiple-entry visa upon your return to Canada, or
you have travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon and return to Canada before your status as a visitor, student or worker expires; and
the officer at the port of entry is satisfied that you have sufficient means of support,
As a worker or student, if the officer determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
If you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
For more information on implied status, please consult our website.

* You will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit.
** Including its Territories and Possessions.

sany2317

Jul 7, 2015
Hi guys, I am wondering if anyone got a full-time job before applying PGWP? If we have a coop work permit, can we work full-time and apply for PGWP at the same time?

Thanks for any advice!