+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Like many others, I have been lurking in the shadows watching your updates. I'm here to give some November applicants hope.

Applied for PGWP on November 9th
Received approval for 3 year PGWP today (March 8th)

Took about 4 months! Good luck everyone.
Congrats. Is it on a 1year study?

Reactions: sarper61

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
On a bright side, looking at the current processing time for Work Permits (in Canada), the processing time seems to have peaked. Let us all hope for the best!

Reactions: RS02 and sarper61

airwb01

Mar 9, 2022
Thanks to the community for their updates, they were so helpful while waiting for my own PGWP application.

Graduated: Nov 5, 2021. Masters degree.
Applied (online, inland - Edmonton): Nov 10, 2021
Ghost update email: Nov 12, 2021

Eligibility review: March 9, 2022 (no email notification)
Approval: March 9, 2022 (no email notification). 3 year permit. They also reset my existing ETA validity to another 5 years (my passport has 7 years left).

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Thanks to the community for their updates, they were so helpful while waiting for my own PGWP application.

Approval: March 9, 2022 (no email notification). 3 year permit. They also reset my existing ETA validity to another 5 years (my passport has 7 years left).
Congratulations! thanks for the update

Reactions: Miracle2018

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
2 x 1year programs
PGWP for Self + study permit extension for 2 dependent kids(already in Canada)
Omitted Wife from this application as she had a CEC ITA and eligible for BOWP, (She received her standalone BOWP few days back.)
Applied (online): Oct 27, 2021
Ghost update/Eligibility review started: March 9, 2022 (No email)

Had submitted a webform to point out two minor information corrections in forms...to avoid possible misrepresentation at a later date, hoping that does not negatively impact. Had also submitted the final certificate that was issued after I had applied.

Hopeful for decision soon, too much uncertainty leading to too much stress.

PS: I couldn't get myself to buy even an office chair that I desperately need, just due to this uncertainty... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle2018

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
It’s you, me, and a guy I know on reddit who applied from Turkey. All of us haven’t received any decision on our apps yet.
Thanks for the reply! I know a guy who applied from U.K and got it within 11 weeks. But seeing as the countries have close ties, makes sense.

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022

Congrats! Is it for 1 year study?

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Thanks for the reply! I know a guy who applied from U.K and got it within 11 weeks. But seeing as the countries have close ties, makes sense.
I have applied for the GCMS notes, and looking at the notes, they are processing apps really slow. I believe there’s a Canadian office or embassy in UK, where all GCC applicants are being processed in UAE

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
2 x 1year programs
PGWP for Self + study permit extension for 2 dependent kids(already in Canada)
Omitted Wife from this application as she had a CEC ITA and eligible for BOWP, (She received her standalone BOWP few days back.)
Applied (online): Oct 27, 2021
Ghost update/Eligibility review started: March 9, 2022 (No email)

Had submitted a webform to point out two minor information corrections in forms...to avoid possible misrepresentation at a later date, hoping that does not negatively impact. Had also submitted the final certificate that was issued after I had applied.

Hopeful for decision soon, too much uncertainty leading to too much stress.

PS: I couldn't get myself to buy even an office chair that I desperately need, just due to this uncertainty... :(

YAY! got the approval just now, the relief is indescribable :D
3 years

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
I have applied for the GCMS notes, and looking at the notes, they are processing apps really slow. I believe there’s a Canadian office or embassy in UK, where all GCC applicants are being processed in UAE
A friend of mine applied SOWP from Pakistan.... The application was refused from Warsaw, Poland , few months back ....So, yes, maybe they are being distributed due to the load.........COVID screwed up many things....