+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
What was the school and program? Some programs of DLIs are not eligible. Did your friend include all information - graduation letter, transcripts etc. Assume your friend is not working. Make sure friend has visitor status to remain in Canada.
Its was flight training academy and he is eligible for pgwp coz he have successfully completed the studies and students are getting approved for pgwp
Note: he took 4 years instead of 2 years and he changed school twice
But still no clue why officer refused his application
He is trying to get reconsiderration!!!!
Anyone have any more advice please help

Reactions: Rahulsehdev

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
Hello,

This is the first time I am hearing about Flagpoling. Do we need a USA visitor visa to cross the border first before we can attempt to Flagpole ?
In-short, you dont need US visa, you are not entering US, when you reach US border officer you have to mention you intend to Flagpole, they will know how to process you. One of the other member had posted a link that explains flagpoling.. Here's a website (not official) : https://www.immigrationstationcanada.com/post/what-is-flagpoling

Tre19

Jul 11, 2021
Hi everyone,
I applied for PGWP on September 30 and did not recieve any update yet. I tried calling them but no response. Anyone on the same boat?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its was flight training academy and he is eligible for pgwp coz he have successfully completed the studies and students are getting approved for pgwp
If he changed schools, then for the flight training program did he complete the program in 2 or 4 years? Was he full-time for the program with no breaks? How long was he at the first school? So he started at one school, notified IRCC about changing schools, got approved to change schools, and then started flight school.

duckie99

Mar 7, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied for PGWP on September 30 and did not recieve any update yet. I tried calling them but no response. Anyone on the same boat?
Hi, I applied on Oct 12 and the eligibility review status started from Feb. 12 and ever since then there has been no update. I applied from inland.

Tre19

Jul 11, 2021
Hi, I applied on Oct 12 and the eligibility review status started from Feb. 12 and ever since then there has been no update. I applied from inland.
They didnt even start my eligibility from what I can see on my status. What should I do? Its more than 5 months now.

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
was the other school a DLI that is eligible for pgwp ?
usually pilot graduates get it with no issues even if you are not studying full time as far as as i know because of weather breaks etc ..

Try to get a consultation from a lawyer

Reactions: jjj123545

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
If he changed schools, then for the flight training program did he complete the program in 2 or 4 years? Was he full-time for the program with no breaks? How long was he at the first school? So he started at one school, notified IRCC about changing schools, got approved to change schools, and then started flight school.
he was full time student and he took too long (extra 2 years) to complete his studies
he is submitting re considerations
no clue whats gonna happen!!!