+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Norma27

Aug 16, 2021
Hi I have a question. How serious they take the submission of the official transcripts and graduation letter. I applied on January 4th and didn't have the official papers but I could get copy of transcripts and a letter of graduation from the college website (acsis) so do I need to upload anything else or this should be good
please consider it seriously as my friend had applied in early May with non official transcript and graduation letter from her university but IRCC asked her for official transcript so she sent it on 8 June and it got delayed and she got her PGWP only on this Monday after nearly 8 months as it got transferred to Edmonton so please submit it now only when your file has not been reviewed otherwise it will tend to get delayed.

Norma27

Aug 16, 2021
Just to let you know guys that my friend received her WP today and it took 5 days to receive it via post. She was only given 1.5 years of WP and not full 3 years but her WP has a remark at the bottom which says that document was issued to validity of passport, client must renew passport for further extensions. So guys you need not worry for those whose passports are not valid for full 3 years as you will have that remark written on the WP. Regarding the TRV, do you guys know how much time it takes for passports to be requested considering if anyone has any recent experience with it. Thanks.

jashan708752

Nov 15, 2017
Applied on oct 30
When opened profile, status said: Application/profile updated, but i changed back to submited after few minutes….anyone know what’s going on?

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
Applied on oct 30
When opened profile, status said: Application/profile updated, but i changed back to submited after few minutes….anyone know what’s going on?

This would be a Ghost Update...there might be a change in status of one of the line items(might even be minor that you might miss at first glance)...when you open it once, it is considered as "Read" and reverts to submitted. It is usually a good sign, it means your application was touched....weather it will lead to a decision is not assured but mostly for straightforward cases, the application is decided in next few days.

jashan708752

Nov 15, 2017
This would be a Ghost Update...there might be a change in status of one of the line items(might even be minor that you might miss at first glance)...when you open it once, it is considered as "Read" and reverts to submitted. It is usually a good sign, it means your application was touched....weather it will lead to a decision is not assured but mostly for straightforward cases, the application is decided in next few days.
Application got approved

salouwm

Feb 28, 2022
Hi
I submitted my pgwp application without restoration of status. I completed my studies on 18th dec my study permit expired on 19th dec. Applied pgwp on 22 dec, i am unaware of restoration of status and after 2 days i paid 350$ restoration fee as a student and attached that through webform. Receipt is now attached to my file. Is there anyone with the same situation who got approval.
I’m literally facing the same situation. Study permit expired on Feb 28, 2022. I applied on Feb 28, 2022 EST, but because the IRCC uses UTC, it says March 1 on the website. :(

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
Hello, so are these the only port of entry that can issue a work permit or study permit on the spot? How about the Peace Arch border point between Washington, USA and British Columbia, CA?
I believe you can do that there, I suggest you call them before trying. I saw a video of an IES candidate doing flagpoling at Peace Arch

Reactions: mehmud.iqbal

Noramama

Dec 15, 2020
If you are desperate, you can try flagpoling to get pgwp issued immediately at the land border. Just make sure you have all documents and answers to the officers questions ready. Also,not all border posts process permits and not on all days...if you do decide to go, make sure you go on right weekday and quite early...their daily quota gets filled fast and they might ask you to come some other day or apply online. I was considering this option if my employer would have been adamant about the permit and didn't accept ircc maintained status guidance.

With flagpoling, the only other thing to note would be that you would have a US entry "administratively denied" in your records...so will have to answer Yes to that question in every visa/immigration form where it asks "have you every been denied entry into any country" but you can mention flagpoling then it's not viewed negatively. If you have US visa then you can always cross over and come back...
We decided not to try flagpole because we still have several other interviews. We will try to compete new offers with this one to see if we can start work with implied status.

Reactions: Yaheyj