+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Applied Jan 08. No update. Pending offer will only valid until April 04. Won’t accept implied status
Hello did you try convincing them that you are allowed to work as per the ircc rules. Show them the ircc website stating you are allowed to work until a decision is made on your application. Also why would anyones pgwp would get rejected.

Noramama

Dec 15, 2020
Hello did you try convincing them that you are allowed to work as per the ircc rules. Show them the ircc website stating you are allowed to work until a decision is made on your application. Also why would anyones pgwp would get rejected.
Yes I tried. But they said they only accept valid work permit

Yaheyj

Jan 4, 2022
Hey guys, I’ve been a rather silent watcher here, but my application just got approved. I’m sharing this because my application was definitely not the most straightforward one and I was extremely worried.
I applied November 25th
Review of eligibility started this morning (March 3rd) and my application got approved this evening.

I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope everyone’s application works out well. This thread definitely gave me some hope while I was waiting.

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hey guys, I’ve been a rather silent watcher here, but my application just got approved. I’m sharing this because my application was definitely not the most straightforward one and I was extremely worried.
I applied November 25th
Review of eligibility started this morning (March 3rd) and my application got approved this evening.

I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope everyone’s application works out well. This thread definitely gave me some hope while I was waiting.
Congrats !!! You are indeed lucky... People who have applied in Nov 1st week are still waiting.

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
I applied November 25th

congrats. just to clarify 25 oct or 25nov

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I applied November 25th

CONGRADULATIONS! THIS GIVES ME HOPE
I APPLIED ON THE 13TH OF NOVEMBER STILL WAITING

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
Did your eligibility review start? What’s the processing time for you country?
my eligibility review started august 10. the processing time when i applied was 10 weeks and it fluctuated since then up to 52 weeks down to 12 weeks and up again..... I don't rely on that processing time garbage.

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
Yes I tried. But they said they only accept valid work permit
If you are desperate, you can try flagpoling to get pgwp issued immediately at the land border. Just make sure you have all documents and answers to the officers questions ready. Also,not all border posts process permits and not on all days...if you do decide to go, make sure you go on right weekday and quite early...their daily quota gets filled fast and they might ask you to come some other day or apply online. I was considering this option if my employer would have been adamant about the permit and didn't accept ircc maintained status guidance.

With flagpoling, the only other thing to note would be that you would have a US entry "administratively denied" in your records...so will have to answer Yes to that question in every visa/immigration form where it asks "have you every been denied entry into any country" but you can mention flagpoling then it's not viewed negatively. If you have US visa then you can always cross over and come back...

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
If you are desperate, you can try flagpoling to get pgwp issued immediately at the land border. Just make sure you have all documents and answers to the officers questions ready. Also,not all border posts process permits and not on all days...if you do decide to go, make sure you go on right weekday and quite early...their daily quota gets filled fast and they might ask you to come some other day or apply online. I was considering this option if my employer would have been adamant about the permit and didn't accept ircc maintained status guidance.

With flagpoling, the only other thing to note would be that you would have a US entry "administratively denied" in your records...so will have to answer Yes to that question in every visa/immigration form where it asks "have you every been denied entry into any country" but you can mention flagpoling then it's not viewed negatively. If you have US visa then you can always cross over and come back...
Hi - can I know what is flagpoling and how is it different from applying online(GIC account) for PGWP ? I am looking for answers for my friend who is residing in Canada and currently under study permit extension.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022