+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi everyone,
I got my PGWP inland approval on the portal on 16th January 2022. The problem is that I am still waiting for the hard copy in the post. I need to apply for the extension of visas for my family of 4 which are expiring soon. Can I apply with online copy and 3 pay stubs?
If not, then what extra documents I should provide to confirm my PGWP status.
And kindly also suggest how to approach IRCC to get hard copy PGWP as soon as possible.
Thanks friends!
Already answered before in this thread. Check previous posts
I don't think you need any financial documents to apply for TRV on the basis of a PGWP btw.

Bob@Ind

Feb 10, 2022
Already answered before in this thread. Check previous posts
I don't think you need any financial documents to apply for TRV on the basis of a PGWP btw.
Thank you,
However, Since I am waiting for the physical copy of my PGWP, I want to ascertain whether I can apply for my family's visa/ permit ( work permit for my wife and study permit for my kids) who are with me here in Canada with only online copy of PGWP?
Their visas are expiring soon, and we can't wait for physical copy of PGWP .

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Thank you,
However, Since I am waiting for the physical copy of my PGWP, I want to ascertain whether I can apply for my family's visa/ permit ( work permit for my wife and study permit for my kids) who are with me here in Canada with only online copy of PGWP?
Their visas are expiring soon, and we can't wait for physical copy of PGWP .
Yes, you can provided you have the In Canada Approval letter.

t_098

Feb 12, 2022
My application status says approved but I didn't receive an email or message on gckey? What do I do? I applied october 10th, 2021 approved on Feb 11th 2022

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
My application status says approved but I didn't receive an email or message on gckey? What do I do? I applied october 10th, 2021 approved on Feb 11th 2022
Does the document status show up on your GCKEY though? If it does, you should be able to see when you were approved and the PGWP expiry date.

The In Canada Approval Letter seems random, some receive, some don't. Give it a couple more days.

FWIW, I've received the Approval Letter in GCKEY, two days after approval.

Reactions: t_098

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Does anyone know how long TRV processing is taking these days? I applied on 2nd Feb still waiting any ideas when I could get it? It would be helpful if you can provide your timeline as well.

Ayzzzzzzz

Dec 7, 2021
My file updated today with my medical exam, I passed. So hopefully soon. Applied on October 15th 2021.
Hey do you have any idea approx how much time it will take to get the final decision after medical updates on the file? Mine updated too 2 days before.

Caris30

Jan 24, 2022
Hey do you have any idea approx how much time it will take to get the final decision after medical updates on the file? Mine updated too 2 days before.
No I don’t, i’ve been constantly checking though. I thought them updating my medical results meant they would be reviewing my file soon after but I haven’t gotten any updates since. When did you apply?

Nandy6

Aug 22, 2019
No I don’t, i’ve been constantly checking though. I thought them updating my medical results meant they would be reviewing my file soon after but I haven’t gotten any updates since. When did you apply?
I am in the same boat, I applied for my TRV (outland) on Feb 10th after receiving my PGWP (inland). The only update I received after applying was that they're processing my background check.

I know it's too soon to expect anything but does anyone here know the current processing time for TRV after PGWP? that would be really helpful.