+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I finished my Master's on Aug 31, 21, and applied for PGWP on Oct 29, 2021 (Inside Canada). Nonetheless, I received permission to work for any number of hours until Feb 26, 2022, or until a decision is made in my application, whichever is first. As of now, my application is still under process. In case a decision is not made before Feb 26, what are my options? I have a Canadian Visitor Visa valid until 2028 and a US tourist visa. Can I stay in Canada? Or Should I go back to my country?

Also for the application, I've used my latest passport (all pages), degree completion letter, unofficial transcript from Uni's website, IMM5710E form, Pic, and latest resume in the client information. One of my colleagues said that I am supposed to use the official transcript for the PGWP application. Is it true?

Please guide me. Thanking you and have a great day ahead. Good luck with your applications :)
No worries. You can stay until a decision is made. If your application is approved in the end, you can stay until validity of your PGWP. If your application is refused somehow, you can then apply for restoration of your status as a student and reapply again. Or you may choose to change your status as a visitor. If you do nothing after a refusal decision, you then have to leave Canada within 90 days.

You are supposed to use official transcript. If you included a letter of explanation saying why you submitted an unofficial one instead, they may or may not request your official transcript. If you did not include LOE, you may consider submitting your official one via webform just in case.

Troponin

Nov 15, 2019
Same here. I checked today around 6 pm and showed submitted. Now after seeing your post, I check again and see it changes to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Applied Sep. 29th as well.
Any update on your file today?

arunes

May 8, 2018
No worries. You can stay until a decision is made. If your application is approved in the end, you can stay until validity of your PGWP. If your application is refused somehow, you can then apply for restoration of your status as a student and reapply again. Or you may choose to change your status as a visitor. If you do nothing after a refusal decision, you then have to leave Canada within 90 days.

You are supposed to use official transcript. If you included a letter of explanation saying why you submitted an unofficial one instead, they may or may not request your official transcript. If you did not include LOE, you may consider submitting your official one via webform just in case.
Thanks for the reply. I thought we could apply using unofficial transcript from the school’s website after reading about the same in CIC website. Unfortunately, I didn’t include an explanation letter. However, I have included the official course completion letter received from the university.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Finally, my pgwp is approved! The has been really stressful. haha.

Applied: 13th of September 2021, Inland - Toronto
Approved: 31st of January 2022
Congratulations.. I had a pretty much similar timeline from Sep 8 till Jan 13 and the wait is arduous to say the least

Reactions: joeyeoj