+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
No. I’m from Toronto but figured out that they transferred my files to Edmonton
Not sure anyone else get transfered to Edmonton also. One reporter at CBC want to connect to some cases like this if you are interested in a quick talk. If it takes forever then provincial health insurance is really screwed up

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Some great news ...at least applications are getting processed soon..

One thing I would like to ask you fellow..

My program started on 2 August 2020 and ended on 20 August 2021... All good and I had a valid study permit till 2 Dec 2021..... Since eduation was online , I left Canada on June 23, 2021... I got the graduation letter, transcript all good................
But in August 2021, I was admitted to another fast track program which was to start in August 2021 and end on 15 December... I applied for new study permit OUTSIDE OF CANDA in Novmber which was rejected in December 24th saying that I had already graduated on December 15th as per the enrollment letter.......

What does this refusal mean? Since i applied for study permit before my current permit expired, was the stuies from 2 Decmber to 15 Decmber good and allowed ? The reason of the officer does not hint at anything else but he says that since I had already graduated, there was no reason to give me a study permit

I applied for PGWP..Outside Canada...I have letters and transcripts for successful completion of both programs...i.e. 2 academic years...

Will i be given only 1 year PGWP becaue i completed only 1 year course with a valid study permit ? OR will the 2nd program be considered completed as well since I had already applied for study permit and continued studying for extra 13 days (although it was refuesd at the end saying I already graduated on 15th December_//

Please share your views

Yaheyj

Jan 4, 2022
Some great news ...at least applications are getting processed soon..

One thing I would like to ask you fellow..

My program started on 2 August 2020 and ended on 20 August 2021... All good and I had a valid study permit till 2 Dec 2021..... Since eduation was online , I left Canada on June 23, 2021... I got the graduation letter, transcript all good................
But in August 2021, I was admitted to another fast track program which was to start in August 2021 and end on 15 December... I applied for new study permit OUTSIDE OF CANDA in Novmber which was rejected in December 24th saying that I had already graduated on December 15th as per the enrollment letter.......

What does this refusal mean? Since i applied for study permit before my current permit expired, was the stuies from 2 Decmber to 15 Decmber good and allowed ? The reason of the officer does not hint at anything else but he says that since I had already graduated, there was no reason to give me a study permit

I applied for PGWP..Outside Canada...I have letters and transcripts for successful completion of both programs...i.e. 2 academic years...

Will i be given only 1 year PGWP becaue i completed only 1 year course with a valid study permit ? OR will the 2nd program be considered completed as well since I had already applied for study permit and continued studying for extra 13 days (although it was refuesd at the end saying I already graduated on 15th December_//

Please share your views
I think the December studies are valid because they were completed on implied status (before you got a response) which is allowed. If you apply with both graduation letters, they’d take both into account but I don’t know if a few extra months changes the number of years

Reactions: norton85