+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rahulpipaliya

Jan 22, 2022
hello,

I have applied for my work permit in July 2021 and got approved on 6th Dec 2021, but the problem is that it is valid only for 1 year and 2 months roughly,
my passport expires in 2029, my program was 17 months(4 consecutive semesters without break), I uploaded my transcript + completion letter in the application (same as my classmates), all of the people in my class got 3 years of PGWP, I have filled web form quickly after it but haven't got any reply since, I guess they've ignored it since it's not a priority for them right now, I have also tried calling them almost every day in the morning also, but because of wait times, they cut it! I have ordered GCMS notes on that application last week, is there anything I can do now? should I re-apply for PGWP?

Thank you in advance!!

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
hello,

I have applied for my work permit in July 2021 and got approved on 6th Dec 2021, but the problem is that it is valid only for 1 year and 2 months roughly,
my passport expires in 2029, my program was 17 months(4 consecutive semesters without break), I uploaded my transcript + completion letter in the application (same as my classmates), all of the people in my class got 3 years of PGWP, I have filled web form quickly after it but haven't got any reply since, I guess they've ignored it since it's not a priority for them right now, I have also tried calling them almost every day in the morning also, but because of wait times, they cut it! I have ordered GCMS notes on that application last week, is there anything I can do now? should I re-apply for PGWP?

Thank you in advance!!
Consulting with an immigration lawyer might be helpful.

Indian2022

Jan 25, 2022
Hi! I’d really appreciate some help. I had to travel back to India because of a family emergency. My studies finished and I’ve already graduated. I have a job offer which is not an LMIA for July and my trv is valid till May. Is it possible to travel back to Canada right now on my valid study permit and TRV even though my education has ended and apply for an inland PGWP? Since PGWP processing times from outside of Canada would not allow me to be able to get to work in time.

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hi! I’d really appreciate some help. I had to travel back to India because of a family emergency. My studies finished and I’ve already graduated. I have a job offer which is not an LMIA for July and my trv is valid till May. Is it possible to travel back to Canada right now on my valid study permit and TRV even though my education has ended and apply for an inland PGWP? Since PGWP processing times from outside of Canada would not allow me to be able to get to work in time.
U can

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I did that, and mine was even more crazy. Exact same situation, with course completion on 20th of August 2021, study permit and try both expires 30th September. Landed in Canada - 17th September and applied inland PGWP on 20th September. Send me a personal message if you need more information about it.

ns9

Jun 26, 2017
With my understanding you can travel back till you have valid TRV.