+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

wpg_05

Nov 27, 2020
Hi Guys, i have a question. this fall was my last semester and i only had 1 course (part time studies) in it. I have been full time during all my previous semesters and I know it is allowed to be part time in the last semester. My question is should i still write a LOE for my pgwp application explaining why i was part time student in my last semester or it should be fine without it?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi Guys, i have a question. this fall was my last semester and i only had 1 course (part time studies) in it. I have been full time during all my previous semesters and I know it is allowed to be part time in the last semester. My question is should i still write a LOE for my pgwp application explaining why i was part time student in my last semester or it should be fine without it?
It's quite normal studying part time in the last semester. You don't have to write a LOE solely to explain why you studied part time in your last semester. It shouldn't affect your application.

NikitaLisbon

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
Wow, did you apply inland?
Hey so i just submited PCC, do you think beside medical and bio that it's the last thing they ask ? have you heard or read about anything else. i just wanna stay ahead. in my country processing time is 91 days and i am already at 133 days because of that F-ing PCC

Reactions: yafaa1993

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Are we really supposed to submit PCC? I remember it not being mentioned on the submission form
Depends on your citizenship and your country of residence amongst other factors.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hey so i just submited PCC, do you think beside medical and bio that it's the last thing they ask ? have you heard or read about anything else. i just wanna stay ahead. in my country processing time is 91 days and i am already at 133 days because of that F-ing PCC
They'll let you know if they need something else.

manan..007

Jan 15, 2022
Hello everyone,

I finished my studies in December and my study permit got expired on December 31, 2021. My college is telling me that I will receive the letter on January 31st. I have stopped working and am worried about how to submit the PGWP application.

I understood that I will need to apply for PGWP and pay the restoration fees to restore my study permit (and not work since I was never a worker). Can you please help me if I need to provide any special information or explanation letter with my application to prevent a refusal? I know that I will have to leave the country if my PGWP is refused.

Also, I think that I do not need to submit a separate application for restoration. I think that I can submit a normal PGWP application and mention my status as "Out of Status, Need Restoration" and pay the restoration fees + Fees for the study permit + Fees for PGWP. Is that correct?

Is anyone in the same boat? I am thinking of submitting the application with the help of a lawyer to be safe.

Any idea on how long the processing would take? (IRCC says 147 days)

Thank you,
Manan

Reactions: NikitaLisbon

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Can't give you a specific time period, but background check does take time.
as far as I know, those are the requirement. If there's an update I will keep you posted

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I finished my studies in December and my study permit got expired on December 31, 2021. My college is telling me that I will receive the letter on January 31st. I have stopped working and am worried about how to submit the PGWP application.

I understood that I will need to apply for PGWP and pay the restoration fees to restore my study permit (and not work since I was never a worker). Can you please help me if I need to provide any special information or explanation letter with my application to prevent a refusal? I know that I will have to leave the country if my PGWP is refused.

Also, I think that I do not need to submit a separate application for restoration. I think that I can submit a normal PGWP application and mention my status as "Out of Status, Need Restoration" and pay the restoration fees + Fees for the study permit + Fees for PGWP. Is that correct?

Is anyone in the same boat? I am thinking of submitting the application with the help of a lawyer to be safe.

Any idea on how long the processing would take? (IRCC says 147 days)

Thank you,
Manan
My personal suggestion would have been applying for PGWP before your study permit expired and later when you received your letter attach it to your existing application. That would have given you an implied status, allowing you to start a full time job. But that ship sailed.