+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
many people told me that they receive one email that the application is updated or you got a message, like that? you didn't get any email?

I keep wondering how the system works for them!
You usually don't get an e-mail if your eligibility review starts. You just get a 'new message' status when you log in

Username9331

Sep 21, 2021
Wow, around a year! Did you try webforms?
Yes, raised a few but all I ever got was covid and Afghan crisis generic responses. They don't respond to our enquiry unless the webform is for addressing a major change to our application. I hope it gets approved this week or the next one by God's grace.
What about you? How long has it been since you applied?

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Yes, raised a few but all I ever got was covid and Afghan crisis generic responses. They don't respond to our enquiry unless the webform is for addressing a major change to our application. I hope it gets approved this week or the next one by God's grace.
What about you? How long has it been since you applied?
I applied in Mid/August and I have not received anything yet. Hopefully soon

jlusi

Oct 13, 2021
Does anyone know how to count 180 days after graduation for PGWP?

IRCC said PGWP applying deadline will be 180 days after you receive official written document which indicates you finished course. But in my case, I received my completion letter on October but it said my program was completed on August. Then which date should I start to count 180 days? Could the issue date meet “OFFICIAL WRITTEN” standard?

I was really confused!!! Could anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!
If the completion letter has a date, you'll be fine but if it doesn't, then write an explanation letter in your application saying that you received the letter in October even if it says that you completed in August. You can include a copy of the date stamp from the email or portal. Best not to leave it up to the IRCC officer to guess or assume.

Jason K

Jan 4, 2022
If the completion letter has a date, you'll be fine but if it doesn't, then write an explanation letter in your application saying that you received the letter in October even if it says that you completed in August. You can include a copy of the date stamp from the email or portal. Best not to leave it up to the IRCC officer to guess or assume.
Thanks!!!

Pingers

Dec 21, 2021
Similar situation. I applied my PGWP near the end of September. My spouse's SOWP expired at the end of the year. We submitted the SOWP application mid-December after I got three pay stubs even though my PGWP application is still not approved yet. We uploaded submission confirmation of PGWP application. We plan to upload PGWP once received via webform. I saw people applied for both PGWP and SOWP at the same time as long as there are 3 pay stubs and then got SOWP approved. So I assume it is okay to submit an application without receiving PGWP.
Thanks for your response :)

Oct 21, 2021
many people told me that they receive one email that the application is updated or you got a message, like that? you didn't get any email?

I keep wondering how the system works for them!
I received one email stating that my biometrics were still valid. But when I had checked the portal right after receiving that, no updates had been made on my application. I checked a couple of hours later and it stated that my application had been approved (5th Jan)! But I only received an email about that this afternoon (6th Jan).

Reactions: jlusi