+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

hassanak

Jan 5, 2022
I think he is right about it. But i have the date 11th September and still waiting for the decision. My permit would expire on 8th January, so should we email ircc for extension of another 120 days after the expiry date or can do it before, since we are not allowed to work after the expiry of that permit.

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
So which one do u think it is?
Okay, I would think the one under work permit. However, that one does not seem accurate. It does not match with the processing time. I knew quite a few people from early Sep and also there are several in the forum from early Sep that haven't received any update. It would be too optimistic to assume September 19 - September 25 is for PGWP. The processing time says study permit is like 7 weeks inside Canada, but those dates shown here are more than 7 weeks.. If those dates are due to the same mismatch between dates for work permit and the processing time, I would assume September 19 - September 25 is only for study permit and co-op work permit. I guess it would be pointless for PGWP even if it includes PGWP since most applications under this category would be study permit and co-op work permit and the data can be totally biased toward that.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I think he is right about it. But i have the date 11th September and still waiting for the decision. My permit would expire on 8th January, so should we email ircc for extension of another 120 days after the expiry date or can do it before, since we are not allowed to work after the expiry of that permit.
The agent that I talked to this morning once said we dont have to request another letter. We can continue working even though there is an expiry date. We can continue working until the final decision is made.

Reactions: raynadukkandy

husseinmehdi11

Aug 5, 2019
I am wondering how strict the officers are regarding the working hours? I am pretty sure I haven't worked more than the allowed 20 hrs per week but my anxiety is killing me. When I changed my job I worked 17.5 hrs in the first job and then I worked 40 hours in the second job. The first job paystub was between 22 March and 4 April but the second job paystub was between 25 March and 7 April. So the two paystubs' dates don't match and there is three days difference. So that makes them in total 57.5 hrs < 60 hrs from 22 March to 7 April = 17 days.
What do u all think?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I am wondering how strict the officers are regarding the working hours? I am pretty sure I haven't worked more than the allowed 20 hrs per week but my anxiety is killing me. When I changed my job I worked 17.5 hrs in the first job and then I worked 40 hours in the second job. The first job paystub was between 22 March and 4 April but the second job paystub was between 25 March and 7 April. So the two paystubs' dates don't match and there is three days difference. So that makes them in total 57.5 hrs < 60 hrs from 22 March to 7 April = 17 days.
What do u all think?
Usually they don't check if you violated the Study Permit conditions, cause to do so they'll have to consult CRA's database which might be time consuming for them and you. They usually do it randomly to check if you've abided by the conditions and it's on their discretion to cut you some slack.

Reactions: husseinmehdi11

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I think the IRCC website says they're 'finalizing' applications received between Aug 1 to 7. I think you need to select the Work Permit in Canada option to check it, not the Study Permit one since it's for students wanting to work in co-op or for 20hrs.
So i think you don't need to ask for the letter now.

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
I have a question to some of you that I forgot to ask the agent this morning. Would choosing not to include Letter of Explaination as an option cause a delay on processing applications?
no I applied on 10th september, with a LOE and all necessary documents, and even with upfront medical. but I am in the same boat, I am hoping they process it now as the holidays are over and there are no more holidays upcoming...
it has been 118days now

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Just got approved! Applied from BC on July 30th
I don’t know when they started reviewing my eligibility, got the phantom update this morning but I can finally get my life back in order! Also I didn’t receive any emails or anything, had to keep checking the portal.
many people told me that they receive one email that the application is updated or you got a message, like that? you didn't get any email?

I keep wondering how the system works for them!

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
I’m so so grateful for this forum for helping keep my anxieties at bay! My application was FAR from perfect as well with semesters I had to take off due to lack of funds and Covid! May everyone get their applications approved asap!✨
did you raise any webform, and did you receive any reply ?