+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Pingers

Dec 21, 2021
Would someone mind helping me out... appreciate any feedback!

Partner will apply for PGWP in January 2022, I can not apply for my SOWP until my partner has received her PGWP & it's included in my application.

Due to current processing times, I doubt we will receive the PGWP before my current work permit expires in March 2022.

Plan is to wait until the last day or so & apply for my SOWP with my partners letter of employment, 3 pay stubs, & contract. Then upload PGWP once received, to my application via webform.
Alternatively I may even upload my partners application form for the PGWP to my SOWP application.

Again, any help/opinion would be very much appreciated.

(We are both currently in Canada)

Thanks!

Reactions: Miracle2018

hb1319

Star Member
Dec 16, 2021
Just got approved! Applied from BC on July 30th
I don’t know when they started reviewing my eligibility, got the phantom update this morning but I can finally get my life back in order! Also I didn’t receive any emails or anything, had to keep checking the portal.
Congrat! Such a long time of waiting I guess. Mine is from sep 3 ,21 and i called them today they said keep waiting

Jason K

Jan 4, 2022
Does anyone know how to count 180 days after graduation for PGWP?

IRCC said PGWP applying deadline will be 180 days after you receive official written document which indicates you finished course. But in my case, I received my completion letter on October but it said my program was completed on August. Then which date should I start to count 180 days? Could the issue date meet “OFFICIAL WRITTEN” standard?

I was really confused!!! Could anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Does anyone know how to count 180 days after graduation for PGWP?

IRCC said PGWP applying deadline will be 180 days after you receive official written document which indicates you finished course. But in my case, I received my completion letter on October but it said my program was completed on August. Then which date should I start to count 180 days? Could the issue date meet “OFFICIAL WRITTEN” standard?

I was really confused!!! Could anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!
In my case, I have finished my program on April and the graduation letter and final transcript arrived mid May. The IRCC agent will start counting the 180 days from mid May. This is how my representative counted it for me. Btw, didn’t you receive a soft copy before nov? Or that was your soft copy?

Jason K

Jan 4, 2022
In my case, I have finished my program on April and the graduation letter and final transcript arrived mid May. The IRCC agent will start counting the 180 days from mid May. This is how my representative counted it for me. Btw, didn’t you receive a soft copy before nov? Or that was your soft copy?
What do you mean “soft copy”? What’s that?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Would someone mind helping me out... appreciate any feedback!

Partner will apply for PGWP in January 2022, I can not apply for my SOWP until my partner has received her PGWP & it's included in my application.

Due to current processing times, I doubt we will receive the PGWP before my current work permit expires in March 2022.

Plan is to wait until the last day or so & apply for my SOWP with my partners letter of employment, 3 pay stubs, & contract. Then upload PGWP once received, to my application via webform.
Alternatively I may even upload my partners application form for the PGWP to my SOWP application.

Again, any help/opinion would be very much appreciated.

(We are both currently in Canada)

Thanks!
Similar situation. I applied my PGWP near the end of September. My spouse's SOWP expired at the end of the year. We submitted the SOWP application mid-December after I got three pay stubs even though my PGWP application is still not approved yet. We uploaded submission confirmation of PGWP application. We plan to upload PGWP once received via webform. I saw people applied for both PGWP and SOWP at the same time as long as there are 3 pay stubs and then got SOWP approved. So I assume it is okay to submit an application without receiving PGWP.

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Similar situation. I applied my PGWP near the end of September. My spouse's SOWP expired at the end of the year. We submitted the SOWP application mid-December after I got three pay stubs even though my PGWP application is still not approved yet. We uploaded submission confirmation of PGWP application. We plan to upload PGWP once received via webform. I saw people applied for both PGWP and SOWP at the same time as long as there are 3 pay stubs and then got SOWP approved. So I assume it is okay to submit an application without receiving PGWP.
I did the same.