+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

parikshit123

Dec 20, 2019
The requirements depend on whether you're applying inland or outland.
Thanks for your reply.

I am Inland.

Apart from Passport, Photo, Study Completion Letter, and Transcripts, what documents need to be attached.?

Do I need to provide details or documents of any part-time jobs and co-op during my studies.?

RaviReddy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

I am Inland.

Apart from Passport, Photo, Study Completion Letter, and Transcripts, what documents need to be attached.?

Do I need to provide details or documents of any part-time jobs and co-op during my studies.?
In the application you are supposed to provide all the details where you had worked as part time and at co-op. No supporting documents are required though

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Mine was transferred at CPC Edmonton. Applied August 24th,2021, still submitted.
I know someone who’s pgwp got approved today. I applied first before but he’s also from August applicant
Are you working right now still? I'm from Edmonton by the way.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi guys, I applied for PGWP on May 12th 2021, it then got transferred to Edmonton on August 20th. It’s been over 7 months and I haven’t got approval :( I tried to send webform but they never replied.
I need PGWP to renew my healthcare and license
How did you know they transferred your file to another city or province? Did they send you an email automatically?

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Thanks for your reply.

I am Inland.

I'm not sure about the co-op because I didn't have one. I believe others will be able to help you more. Sorry

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Contacting MP sure works, let's say the processing time has been 90 days but it's been 5 months and no answer, for sure MPs inquiry will help a bit but not that much.

If your app is on hold or a complex case then it's hard, IRCC will take their sweet time.

May I know when you applied for PGWP?

Also what's your postal code so I can guide you on how to reach out to MP.
How do you reach MP?

catricka

Jan 3, 2022
Hi,

I applied for pgwp on Sep 8 and unfortunately, my application has not even been reviewed yet. I'm currently working and I'm allowed to work until Jan 6 according to the "WP-EXT for PGWP" letter. Does anybody know whether I can continue to work after this date if no decision is made on my application by then?
I only found the following webpage:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html?fbclid=IwAR1huWiP7honixlOkxuJLCAipFul6hC7fVPGX-DbkkG_e9rYUXizQvhvTY0

but it states "WP-EXT except PGWP " which I think is different from the "WP-EXT for PGWP" letter that pgwp applicants receive.

I'd appreciate any response and help.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi,

I applied for pgwp on Sep 8 and unfortunately, my application has not even been reviewed yet. I'm currently working and I'm allowed to work until Jan 6 according to the "WP-EXT for PGWP" letter. Does anybody know whether I can continue to work after this date if no decision is made on my application by then?
I only found the following webpage:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html?fbclid=IwAR1huWiP7honixlOkxuJLCAipFul6hC7fVPGX-DbkkG_e9rYUXizQvhvTY0

but it states "WP-EXT except PGWP " which I think is different from the "WP-EXT for PGWP" letter that pgwp applicants receive.

I'd appreciate any response and help.
I got the same question in my mind right now that's why I have to call ircc by tomorrow or the next day when its open to clarify things.

Last edited:

catricka

Jan 3, 2022
I got the same question in my mind right now that's why I have to call ircc by tomorrow or the next day when its open to clarify things.

I will call too and I hope they answer, please let us know of their response if you could reach them. :(

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I will call too and I hope they answer, please let us know of their response if you could reach them. :(
I think we can continue working we just need to request another letter from ircc by the use of the webform. Please read paragraph R186(u) of this link https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

And this link: You can read the entire page of this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/work-without-permit/authorization-work-without-work-permit-implied-status.html#Toc8