+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

RaviReddy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2021
My study permit and SIN expires on Dec 31, 2021. I did apply for an extension on study permit as I was not given +90 days. I'm planning to apply for PGWP as I get my grades next week and before my study permit expires. Can I start working with the SIN valid till Dec 31, 2021? As my PGWP application will be under process and I won't have an expiry date to update on my SIN. Any inputs?
From the day you apply PGWP you can start working full time even after SIN is expired until a decision is made.

Reactions: the13thtee

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
My study permit and SIN expires on Dec 31, 2021. I did apply for an extension on study permit as I was not given +90 days. I'm planning to apply for PGWP as I get my grades next week and before my study permit expires. Can I start working with the SIN valid till Dec 31, 2021? As my PGWP application will be under process and I won't have an expiry date to update on my SIN. Any inputs?
You will receive an Ext letter 24 hours after you submit your application online.

parikshit123

Dec 20, 2019
Supporting documents
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the information provided is accurate.

Letter confirming completion of the program of study
The letter confirming completion of the program of study is used to assess the requirements referred to above. Officers may request additional documents to complete the assessment of the application.

Transcript
The applicant may provide an official transcript issued by their DLI if available. Alternatively, the applicant may also provide a transcript copy from their DLI’s website. The transcript, along with the letter of completion of studies, is used to assess the requirements referred to above. Officers may request additional documents to complete the assessment of the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html#documents
Thank you so much!

parikshit123

Dec 20, 2019
You need to apply for PGWP and start working before the expiry of your Study Permit otherwise you will not be allowed to work.

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I applied on Sept 9.
My employer doesnt know the immigration process, asking me to upload work permit ASAP.
This is a very sad state of affairs. I guess this is more prominent due to the delays, anyone has an idea what were the average processing time before COVID?

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
This is a very sad state of affairs. I guess this is more prominent due to the delays, anyone has an idea what were the average processing time before COVID?
Even during Covid it was better. My friends who applied in May 2021 got it in June 2021. And those who applied in June 2021 got it in September 2021.
90 days was maximum I know of. Not sure why it's taking this long now.

Reactions: susa333

susa333

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Even during Covid it was better. My friends who applied in May 2021 got it in June 2021. And those who applied in June 2021 got it in September 2021.
90 days was maximum I know of. Not sure why it's taking this long now.
Yeah, even in 2020, it only took 2 months.