+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
Hello!

Sorry for bothering. I was wondering how I can tell when a eligibility review starts for my application. I logged in this morning to see a status update, but when I clicked into my application. I don't see much difference.

Is it about the application status? It looks shorter, but I can't remember what it exactly says before. And it could definitely be anxiety just playing tricks on me.

I applied in Ontario on 31 August. And I've seen people here getting their approval when they applied around 27-28 Aug and 3-9 Sept. So it's quite worrying.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you!

"Review of Eligibility" should read "We are reviewing......." if the review has started, if not it should read "Your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

Reactions: Chris Lee and jlusi

gmkhan16

Mar 29, 2016
Can't you work under implied status, I got a job offer for Sept 15 and applied for my work permit the day before (I hadn't had any work before). I finished my last class by end of aug so it took my school quite some time to finalize my graduation (and get that letter of graduation).

My employer are understanding (I think most do for tech position) of this, they know the whole implied status thingy. Though, if you would be working outside of Canada then I understand the need for it.
No...My application was for restoration along with PGWP...so I cant work with implied status..that's why I have asked for urgent processing

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
What happens if the decision hasn't been made past the expiry of the WP-Ext letter? Will the ircc send another letter to continue working until the decision is made?

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Reactions: jlusi