+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi Neda,
Your application seems to have processed faster. Did you do anything to expedite the process?
Hi, unlike many of you, I was not able to work in my field of study when I applied for my PGWP, due to a condition I had on my study permit. So I had to wait till I receive my work permit. I sent 3-4 webforms and explained my issue. At the end I contacted my MP, but after 2-3 days (I am assuming before she got a chance to contact IRCC), my application was approved. So I am not really sure what happened there!

Reactions: ns9

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
I was able to talked to an agent in help centre today. I explained my situation and they told me case like that usually takes longer and don’t get too worry even if it’s passed 93 days. I personally don’t agree with that as I saw some people in similar situations get approval within the same timeline as other people. But it’s just what they told me.
Application with dependents took 180 days

tpnn1994

Nov 5, 2021
Hi, unlike many of you, I was not able to work in my field of study when I applied for my PGWP, due to a condition I had on my study permit. So I had to wait till I receive my work permit. I sent 3-4 webforms and explained my issue. At the end I contacted my MP, but after 2-3 days (I am assuming before she got a chance to contact IRCC), my application was approved. So I am not really sure what happened there!
Did you get the physical work permit?

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
how do you contact your mp?

tpnn1994

Nov 5, 2021
how do you contact your mp?
Just search local MP call them, book appoimtment or they will send you the consent form. In my case, i need WP to accept job offer as my employer asked for it. I called my local MP and got approved 1 day after sending consent form to my local MP and more than 10 webforms to CIC

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Just search local MP call them, book appoimtment or they will send you the consent form. In my case, i need WP to accept job offer as my employer asked for it. I called my local MP and got approved 1 day after sending consent form to my local MP and more than 10 webforms to CIC
When you contact your local MP, did you provide a specific reason that you need the permit asap or just tell them your wait time had exceed the IRCC estimated time?

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry, my question is a bit off topic. Has anyone here applied for a TRV after receiving their PGWP, and before starting to work? I have a question regarding the imm5257e form. I am currently in Canada and I am still looking for a job.

I was wondering what would be a correct answer for this question: "Name, address and relationship of any person/institution I will visit" Can I answer this question with my own name and home address since I don't have an employer yet?

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:

tpnn1994

Nov 5, 2021
When you contact your local MP, did you provide a specific reason that you need the permit asap or just tell them your wait time had exceed the IRCC estimated time?
Just tell them your story. If you have job offer then tell them that. For me i told them both. Because my job start from 15 Nov I need the approval to accept the offer. And my application already passed processing time.