+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hey guys, quick question regarding the PGWP full-time condition- Does it apply since the day we get our study permit or depends on the program.

because i went through a couple of programs but was on and off, but when i finally suttled down on a programm i maintained the full time position.

And also if i am to write a webform to uderline this situation more efficiently, wich type of enquiry should i use

Thanks a bunch
Did you get a new permit after changing programme? If you did, only the last one counts.

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hey guys, quick question regarding the PGWP full-time condition- Does it apply since the day we get our study permit or depends on the program.

because i went through a couple of programs but was on and off, but when i finally suttled down on a programm i maintained the full time position.

And also if i am to write a webform to uderline this situation more efficiently, wich type of enquiry should i use

Thanks a bunch
I think it depends on the program you want to to get your PGWP with. It only makes sense this way.

Reactions: NikitaLisbon

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
No, i dint have to, but i had to change it 1 year before graduation
From what I understand, if you explained your situation and still get approved a new permit on your new programme, it means that those part time studies are “forgiven” and the history won’t be an issue to your PGWP.

but since you didn’t get a new one, the officer may considered you whole study history as just one degree. Better call the help centre to clarify. I found 2 pm mountain time is easier to reach an agent.

Reactions: NikitaLisbon

ns9

Jun 26, 2017
I got approved just now!

Application submitted on August 21.
Review of eligibility started on October 31.
Application approved on November 1.

I have a concern though. I had included my medical test in my application, but under "Review of medical results", I do not see "passed". Has anyone had the same problem before?

Thanks everyone for sharing your timelines, this forum has been a great help to me. Hope everything goes well for anyone who is still waiting :)
Hi Neda,
Your application seems to have processed faster. Did you do anything to expedite the process?

Reactions: cooky.sonu