+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
I got my approval.
Application Timeline
Application Submitted: August 20 2021
Work-EXT Letter : August 23, 2021
Eligibility review start: Nov 1, 2021
Approved: Nov 1, 2021
congratulations!! Did you apply from ontario? after 2 certificates or 1 ?

Oct 21, 2021
I got an email stating that they’re still working on my application but no actual updates on my application. Are these the phantom updates that everyone talks about?

Jot11

Sep 27, 2020
Today I received an email from ircc with subject “ we are still working on your application” Anybody received the same email ?
Application submitted- 25 july

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Am I the only one who is currently experiencing problems signing in to my portal account on mycic? I think I saw a note that they doing a system mainatenance in the past.

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Today I received an email from ircc with subject “ we are still working on your application” Anybody received the same email ?
Application submitted- 25 july
I think they sent this email for applicants whose application is getting closer to average processing time or who has passed the average time already, So they would not send webform about their applications.

Reactions: ns9

ns9

Jun 26, 2017
Am I the only one who is currently experiencing problems signing in to my portal account on mycic? I think I saw a note that they doing a system mainatenance in the past.
I am also not able to sign in. But I guess that normal, happened to me before.
It’s either due to maintenance or traffic on the website.

ProspectiveCanadain

Nov 1, 2021
I have a doubt, The letter they provide for implied status just after submitting the PGWP application allows you to stay in Canada right? even after your study permit is expired?
But it does not allow to work ?

Please answer, I will really appreciate it, I am really confused :)
Hello, what letter is provided for implied status? I just recieved confirmation of submission when I finished my application.

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you. I don't think they are processing on a first come first serve order, but here is my first 6 digits: W306034
This gives me hope! Mine is W306063, I applied on August 28. I received an email today, which I think is automated - "We're still working on your application". Based on what I've seen on this forum, a lot of applicants from July are still waiting for approval. How's that fair?

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
This gives me hope! Mine is W306063, I applied on August 28. I received an email today, which I think is automated - "We're still working on your application". Based on what I've seen on this forum, a lot of applicants from July are still waiting for approval. How's that fair?
I really do not understand how the system works! and yes, I absolutely agree, it's not fair at all. Anyway, I hope you get your approval sometime by the end of this week :)

Reactions: irinaaas11