+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pravin86

Jan 2, 2018
Hi,

My current work permit and TRV is valid until 31-December-2021. For some unavoidable reasons I have to visit India in December, and I am planning to come back by 29th December 2021. Will it be a problem to re-enter Canada just 2 days before the expiry date of TRV?

PS: Recently, I applied for my OWP extension and expected to get approved by December. I cannot get TRV renewed before my expected travel date.

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Has anyone actually messaged them via the web form about their application?
I did. I submitted additional documents that are not required by visa officers via webform and received generic response saying they will attach my documents to my profile soon. I wait for 2 months but didn’t see any file was added to my application so I call the help centre - turns out the documents were not attached so the agent wrote a note on my profile.

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Is anyone from May still waiting?
jop, applied May 7th, still nothing
It’s PGWP with spouse, we already called twice and we sent an urgention request because we both work in essential services and now we can’t get our driving licence or health care extended.
Really frustrating

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I did. I submitted additional documents that are not required by visa officers via webform and received generic response saying they will attach my documents to my profile soon. I wait for 2 months but didn’t see any file was added to my application so I call the help centre - turns out the documents were not attached so the agent wrote a note on my profile.
You are able to see the note? What does it say? The files were finally added to your file? I am in the same situation.

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
You are able to see the note? What does it say? The files were finally added to your file? I am in the same situation.
No I didn’t see the note. The document is a receipt that very important to my application. When I called the help centre the agent told me they didn’t see any additional documents so they ask me the reference code and search that in their system. I didn’t see what exactly they put on my profile but they said they wrote down the reference code and something like “payment has been verified by agent”

Ryuk8

Oct 5, 2021
Any updates for today … all of my friends who have applied after 25th July have received their permits today (8 in count). Now getting stressed as I had applied on 18th July and no single update yet

tltran1912

Jul 24, 2021
Any updates for today … all of my friends who have applied after 25th July have received their permits today (8 in count). Now getting stressed as I had applied on 18th July and no single update yet
Thanks for the update. I applied on 19th and also nothing.

simba1992

Oct 7, 2021
Can you share any of your friend's file number like the first 6 digits if possible? As I also applied on 31st of July but no updates yet.... I am hoping to get it by next week

Thank you

Ala19

Sep 28, 2021
@plovhunter @tltran1912 @Ryuk8 @WhitePolarBear @Kelsey96
Applied on July 19th in BC, current status changed to "Profile updated" today. However, there is no new message or file to read, the application status page is exactly the same as before, and my current status has changed back to "submitted". Hopefully, some officer is working on my file and i can get a real update soon! Hope you guys get some updates soon as well!

Reactions: tltran1912

tltran1912

Jul 24, 2021
@plovhunter @tltran1912 @Ryuk8 @WhitePolarBear @Kelsey96
Applied on July 19th in BC, current status changed to "Profile updated" today. However, there is no new message or file to read, the application status page is exactly the same as before, and my current status has changed back to "submitted". Hopefully, some officer is working on my file and i can get a real update soon! Hope you guys get some updates soon as well!
I just checked again and the status has been changed to "Application/Profile Update". Guess who's not sleeping tonight.

Edit: back to "Submitted" again.

Reactions: Ala19