+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LittleGray

Sep 23, 2021
Applied July 16th, review of eligibility started today - Oct 8. No email notifications.

Will update the status once I see the final decision.

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Have you got your pgwp?
no, There has not been an update since the confirmation letter. The eligibility review has not started either. According to people's posts here, I am assuming they are issuing late July applications at the moment.

LittleGray

Sep 23, 2021
Date of Application: 16th July 2021.
Eligibility Review Started: 8th October 2021.
Approved: 8th October 2021.
Province: Ontario.

The final decision is made ~30-60 minutes after the review of eligibility started.

No email notifications or anything. Just checked my portal regularly.

Hope y'all hear your updates soon!

karpa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Date of Application: 16th July 2021.
Eligibility Review Started: 8th October 2021.
Approved: 8th October 2021.
Province: Ontario.

The final decision is made ~30-60 minutes after the review of eligibility started.

No email notifications or anything. Just checked my portal regularly.

Hope y'all hear your updates soon!
Congratulations

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I received a letter from my university which is more complete (it includes the duration of study, states it was full-time, etc.) than the "letter of completion" I sent in my original application. I want to add this other letter that I just received in my application via web form. Someone already sent additional documents through webform ? Will it be considered ?

Notes: I applied on september 12th and my "eligibility review" didn't start yet.

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
I received a letter from my university which is more complete (it includes the duration of study, states it was full-time, etc.) than the "letter of completion" I sent in my original application. I want to add this other letter that I just received in my application via web form. Someone already sent additional documents through webform ? Will it be considered ?

Notes: I applied on september 12th and my "eligibility review" didn't start yet.
Well you need an official Graduation letter from your college/university. They all have their own format of graduation letter and it is fine with IRCC. For Example Seneca College does not state "Full Time" in its graduation letter and it is fine since the official transcripts is also included.

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Well you need an official Graduation letter from your college/university. They all have their own format of graduation letter and it is fine with IRCC. For Example Seneca College does not state "Full Time" in its graduation letter and it is fine since the official transcripts is also included.
My course is 2 years long, but I did it in 20 months. Also, in the last semester I took a project. This project is stated on my final transcript with the date of completion, but there is no information about when I was enrolled in this "course". In other words, in my transcript there is only courses for 4 terms (16 months). I am afraid that the immigration officer considers my course as 16 months. If I send this new more complete letter, which states that the course is 2 years long, I can have the 3 years PGWP, and not 16 months.

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
My course is 2 years long, but I did it in 20 months. Also, in the last semester I took a project. This project is stated on my final transcript with the date of completion, but there is no information about when I was enrolled in this "course". In other words, in my transcript there is only courses for 4 terms (16 months). I am afraid that the immigration officer considers my course as 16 months. If I send this new more complete letter, which states that the course is 2 years long, I can have the 3 years PGWP, and not 16 months.
Well if your graduation letter states 2 years for the duration of studies, and you have 4 semesters in your transcripts, I think you should be fine for a 3 year PGWP. Besides, CIC states that "If you complete your study program in less time than the normal length of the program, you may be eligible for a PGWP that is valid for the full length of your program".

jiazheng Ye

Sep 20, 2021
I believe you will receive 3 years pgwp, I studied in rrc, and a lot of my friends who have take 2 years program, but only study for 4 terms, and they have got the 3 years pgwp. last week, one of my friend who only take 8 months program, but they gave him 3 years pgwp. that's crazy!

Reactions: Esporte321

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Well if your graduation letter states 2 years for the duration of studies, and you have 4 semesters in your transcripts, I think you should be fine for a 3 year PGWP. Besides, CIC states that "If you complete your study program in less time than the normal length of the program, you may be eligible for a PGWP that is valid for the full length of your program".
My graduation letter don't states "2 years", but the new one do. That's the reason I would like to add it through webform.

plovhunter

Oct 10, 2021
Applied: July 17th from BC, absolutely zero updates.

I have a working extension for my SP that allows me to work until November 13th/or until I get my PGWP. What happens if I don't get it by that date? Do I need to quit my job?

Regardless, fingers crossed. Really hoping to hear some good news at least by the end of this month.

tltran1912

Jul 24, 2021
Applied: July 17th from BC, absolutely zero updates.

I have a working extension for my SP that allows me to work until November 13th/or until I get my PGWP. What happens if I don't get it by that date? Do I need to quit my job?

Regardless, fingers crossed. Really hoping to hear some good news at least by the end of this month.
19th July from ON and also no updates.