+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
Like that, I assume that you are no longer authorized to work if you already have a job. Have not you received any letters with further extensions?
don't think the dates mean anything or has any enforcing power overriding the implied status rule.

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Guys Keeping Current Situation (Afghanistan ) in mind , By when can the PGWP applied on July 24 will receive the approval?
we applied on May 7th inland and still nothing so I would say it depends as lot of people here already get visa even they applied later than us

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
I have applied inland on June 9th (PGWP with two visitor extension applications for my kids) and got my WP ext letter that allows me to work till Oct 7th. What if the application is not approved till that date and now I am in a Full-Time job? will IRCC release another extension letter?
exactly the same situation here, we applied on May 7th and the letter was with due date Sept 4th
My husband called IRCC and they sent us an email stated that our WP is still valid even after that date, till we get any reply from IRCC
We both work full-time and have 1 kid.
It is really frustrating.

mena1985

Dec 26, 2019
exactly the same situation here, we applied on May 7th and the letter was with due date Sept 4th
My husband called IRCC and they sent us an email stated that our WP is still valid even after that date, till we get any reply from IRCC
We both work full-time and have 1 kid.
It is really frustrating.
Thanks, I found also the paragraph below which is relevant:

If the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered
In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC Web form.

Client Support Centre (CSC) agents can confirm that an IMM 5988 – WP-EXT only except PGWP letter exists in the Outgoing Correspondence view tab. If yes, CSC agents may send the following text to the requestor:

Thank you for contacting IRCC. We verified and can confirm that your application is still in processing. You can therefore continue working for another 120 days from the date of this response. You may attach this response to your expired work permit and the letter previously sent to you as proof of your continued authorization to work without a permit under paragraph 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Reactions: sarveshkalyan

hzhz2626

Sep 13, 2021
Hi guys,

I have same issues. I just got a refusal letter of my PGWPP which submitted in June 17th, 2021, because I have one term that is indicated as part-time, and I did have a term that drop 2 courses because of my gpa, but the weird thing is it shows full time, with unknown reasons. I have already contacted my school and waiting for response. Just would like to ask should I just apply it again or how do I apply for reconsideration? I just found a job a week ago and now I think I have to quit…..I’m down…. I heard about going to borders for applying PGWPP is easier, can I go to borders in case of applying it again? I think I would got reject again,because I did have one term on my transcript shown I am part-time….

quincy.jm

Aug 21, 2021
I made it!! Thank you for all of your support guys:DApplied on 9th June inland and just got approved!! I did not receive any email tho, login like usual then found out my application status has been changed to approved! Good luck to all of you here!! You will receive a good news soon!!

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hi guys,

I have same issues. I just got a refusal letter of my PGWPP which submitted in June 17th, 2021, because I have one term that is indicated as part-time, and I did have a term that drop 2 courses because of my gpa, but the weird thing is it shows full time, with unknown reasons. I have already contacted my school and waiting for response. Just would like to ask should I just apply it again or how do I apply for reconsideration? I just found a job a week ago and now I think I have to quit…..I’m down…. I heard about going to borders for applying PGWPP is easier, can I go to borders in case of applying it again? I think I would got reject again,because I did have one term on my transcript shown I am part-time….
Maybe you can apply for a reconsideration with an explanation letter. But yes, you need to stop working immediately.

Oluwaseunabd

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Did you apply for extension or initial? Any dependents?
Please don’t mind me asking. Did you get any priority processing eg. Afghan national?
You timeline seems way ahead of other applicants.
I applied for initial PGWP, SOWP extension and Visitor’s record ext for my kids all at the same time.not an Afghan national and no priority processing.I was surprised too when I saw the approval today.

Reactions: Drdia

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
I applied for initial PGWP, SOWP extension and Visitor’s record ext for my kids all at the same time.not an Afghan national and no priority processing.I was surprised too when I saw the approval today.
It makes sense. Applicant with kids(dependent) sometimes get approved faster than other applicants.
Anyway congratulations!

Reactions: Oluwaseunabd