+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hey,
How do we know the time that the eligibility review starts?
Open your application status, under Review of Eligibility.
If it says we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility, it means the review hasn't started yet. If it says we are reviewing your eligibility, it means the review has started.

amirnjt

Jun 11, 2020
Open your application status, under Review of Eligibility.
If it says we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility, it means the review hasn't started yet. If it says we are reviewing your eligibility, it means the review has started.
Thanks, got it.
I have 2 more questions. I'd appreciate if anyone knows the answers and let me know.
1- My wife and I are in Canada. I am working full-time and she just got a job offer. Her previous WP expires early October. Can we apply an open work permit for her with our letter of offers and my pay slips before I get my PGWP?

2- Does anybody know how flagpoling works? Can I do it while have an online application in progress?

BasEkGalti

Aug 19, 2021
Can we do this (flagpoling) while we have an online application in progress??
I did do flagpoling when my coop online work permit was in progress. This procedure is a little risky for work permit. You have to go to US and enter Canada back and apply on the border. There are chances of rejection which means you might get deported or forced back to go to the US. Right now US side of border is closed so not sure if you can do this. The only safe way is flying to US and then coming back and applying at the airport/border.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
can someone please help me with what to say in my letter of explanation?
Because of COVID-19, my Spring 2020 work term was canceled and replaced with a single technical intersession course (i was still full-time in the spring 2020 with that technical course), what do I say?

MX100

Aug 27, 2021
Hi Everyone, Does anyone get rejected/refused for work permit for working 23-34 hours per week during full time study.
And how does CIC check / Verify the hours ?