+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Our eligibility review finally started two days ago. But, no updates since then. Anyone from late May applications in the same situation?
How long does the eligibility review usually takes?
What country did you apply from? I have applied from Pakistan as well just anxious about wait times

BasEkGalti

Aug 19, 2021
June 1 applied from Vancouver, still waiting. Tomorrow would be 90 days since I graduated, if something messes up, won't even be able to reapply and keep working on implied status. I hope nothing wrong happens.

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
It’s 180 if you’re outside Canada. In Canada, you have to have legal status to reapply. So if the 90 day period is over, and one wants to reapply... they can but they’ll have to restore their status.

BasEkGalti

Aug 19, 2021
What do you guys think of getting it by flag-poling? My coop work permit didn't arrive and it was more than the processing time, so I went to the border and got it, but that was 2 years ago. Worst case, I'll fly to the US and come back and try to apply at the border.

Last edited:

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
What do you guys think of getting it by flag-poling? My coop work permit didn't arrive and it was more than the processing time, so I went to the border and got it, but that was 2 years ago. Worst case, I'll fly to the US and come back and try to apply at the border.
Been thinking about doing that but I don’t know if it would work out because my study permit has expired

amirnjt

Jun 11, 2020
Can we do this (flagpoling) while we have an online application in progress??