+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

CanadaVisa321

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi guys!! Good luck to all of us!! I’ve applied on 6th June and still waiting for the eligibility review:(
Yet I have some questions regarding the transcript that we should upload.
My question is: if I have transferred credits from a eligible DLI (1 year university transfer program) to another eligible DLI (4-years University bachelor degree), is it a MUST that I’ll need to submit both the transcripts+ letter of completion from two of my DLIs even if I don’t need the officer to combine two programs to get the full 3 years? I have spent 2 year 4 months for my university degree so I should be able to get the full three years.
-
Here’s my background if you’d like to know more
I have an associate degree before I came to Canada, and I have received two study permits during my stay in Canada as a student.
(1st study permit valid for a year for university transfer program; 2nd study permit valid for 4 years for University degree)
Since I have finished my degree by transferring 29 units from associate degree, 31 units from university transfer program , and 60 from My University. I am eligible to apply for PGWP because I have finished more than half of my studies from eligible DLIs. However, when I am asked to upload my transcript to the PGWP application. I was not aware that I might need to also upload my transcript from university tranfer program to prove that I have transferred 31 units to my bachelor's degree. I only uploaded the unofficial transcript + letter of completion that proves that I have studied 7 semesters (2 years and 4 months) at University. In that case, I am not sure if my PGWP will be refused because I did not include a transcript from transfer program. Or will I be rejected to PGWP because I cannot prove the reason why I finished the 4-year program (120 units) with 60 units only?
I apologize for the longggg message! I’ve contacted ircc but no reply yet.
Please help if you were on the same boat

Thank you!
I guess you should be fine. IRCC’s website says that if you’ve completed more than 1 program within 2 years, that’s when a program will be combined. If you completed your second program after 2 years of completing your first, your PGWP will only be for the length of the second program.

Furthermore, I have friends who started in one university, didn’t complete their program and transferred their credits to a second university. Graduated from the second institution and did not provide anything from the first university and still got their PGWP.

PGWP is based on full time studies and program completion at a PGWP eligible DLI. If you completed more than 1 program and you completed the second after 2 years, only the time at the second one will count. And if your second program is 2years or more, your PGWP will be 3 years according to the IRCC website.

However, do update us on what IRCC tells you.

Please note, this is not legal advice. It’s solely interpretation and information gathered from the IRCC website. If you require legal advice, please seek the services of a lawyer or immigration consultant.

Reactions: quincy.jm

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
Hey guys, my eligibility went into review on August 10th and still waiting.... can I ask you guys how long it usually takes to hear back ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey guys, my eligibility went into review on August 10th and still waiting.... can I ask you guys how long it usually takes to hear back ?
No one can give you the correct answer, sometimes takes 2 hours - 2 weeks or even longer.