+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

esnmrdi

Aug 19, 2021
Local embassies will be processing outland PGWP apps.
Yes. I just contacted them. here is their response (looks like an automated message just like those from IRCC):

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.
Your file is in queue for processing. We will try to keep processing times as short as possible. However due to pandemic, we are providing only essential services with a limited footprint, so processing times may be longer than usual.

Thank you/Merci,

Migration Section – Section de la Migration
Canadian Embassy in Ankara (Turkey) – Ambassade du Canada à Ankara (Turquie)

Last edited:

johnsnow13

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Guys, if applying for PGWP from Bangladesh do we have to provide a job offer? i know pgwp is an open work permit and does not require job offer. However, with the travel restrictions in Canada do we need to provide immigration with Job offer?

I got an attachment from singapore migration asking me to upload job offer and only with a job offer it will be considered non-discretionary travel.
is anyone on the same boat? pls help

manimtired

Aug 4, 2021
Another week gone... Not even done 26th of May?
86 days processing for 26th of May today.

Means we might hit 90 days processing next week

Last edited:

manimtired

Aug 4, 2021
prediction: I think this week most before May 30th will get theirs. May 30th might be half friday half monday after.

I think every work week they process around 3-4 days worth of applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ18

LJ18

Aug 11, 2021
prediction: I think this week most before May 30th will get theirs. May 30th might be half friday half monday after.

I think every work week they process around 3-4 days worth of applicants.
I quite agree with you. I applied on June 3rd, hope I can get approval on the first week of September (finger crossed)

quincy.jm

Aug 21, 2021
Hi guys!! Good luck to all of us!! I’ve applied on 6th June and still waiting for the eligibility review:(
Yet I have some questions regarding the transcript that we should upload.
My question is: if I have transferred credits from a eligible DLI (1 year university transfer program) to another eligible DLI (4-years University bachelor degree), is it a MUST that I’ll need to submit both the transcripts+ letter of completion from two of my DLIs even if I don’t need the officer to combine two programs to get the full 3 years? I have spent 2 year 4 months for my university degree so I should be able to get the full three years.
-
Here’s my background if you’d like to know more
I have an associate degree before I came to Canada, and I have received two study permits during my stay in Canada as a student.
(1st study permit valid for a year for university transfer program; 2nd study permit valid for 4 years for University degree)
Since I have finished my degree by transferring 29 units from associate degree, 31 units from university transfer program , and 60 from My University. I am eligible to apply for PGWP because I have finished more than half of my studies from eligible DLIs. However, when I am asked to upload my transcript to the PGWP application. I was not aware that I might need to also upload my transcript from university tranfer program to prove that I have transferred 31 units to my bachelor's degree. I only uploaded the unofficial transcript + letter of completion that proves that I have studied 7 semesters (2 years and 4 months) at University. In that case, I am not sure if my PGWP will be refused because I did not include a transcript from transfer program. Or will I be rejected to PGWP because I cannot prove the reason why I finished the 4-year program (120 units) with 60 units only?
I apologize for the longggg message! I’ve contacted ircc but no reply yet.
Please help if you were on the same boat

Thank you!