+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

M6066

Aug 1, 2021
A valid TRV , thats all . They prolly would already know that ur application is under process, if not just tell em . Nothing to worry.
Thank you for the reply.
Even in the Indian immigration i need to show only trv right.? What if they ask me your studies are done and why u coming back.?

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Thank you for the reply.
Even in the Indian immigration i need to show only trv right.? What if they ask me your studies are done and why u coming back.?
Let me tell you , firstly, they arent gonna ask anything from you , they can pull all ur info ,, now if they ask , tell them that you completed your studies and ur on implied status and .. make sure u keep ur clg documents with you like .. graduation letter and transcript and also the letter u receive when u apply for pgwp .. they wont be asked tbh but just to be on the safe side. Your not the only one doing this …. There are thousands of ppl … enjoy ur stay .

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
PGWP Inland Application
Submitted/received: May 18, 2021
Eligibility review started/approved: Aug 3, 2021
No email received since submission
-----------------------------------------------
The data regression has been very accurate up till now. I'm attaching the latest trend here.
For personal reference only.
My speculation is that it's going to get faster later on when the May applications are mostly finalized.
-----------------------------------------------
Good luck everyone!
P.S. anyone on this thread know how long it typically takes to get the physical work permit?

Reactions: micjean

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks! Were you able to track the shipment or did you just find it in your mailbox?
Welcome. No, I just found it in the mailbox. I could be wrong, though, because I don’t check the mailbox everyday. The permits may have been delivered the day before. So far, I have good experience with Canada Post.

Reactions: jarvisw

rajbir76

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
No none of their files got transferred, only mine. They got straight approval after eligibility review.
I applied from ontario.
I graduated on 22nd January, 2020. My study permit is valid till August 2020 but it will expire after 90 days of completion of my studies ( which would be 22nd April Approx.) I had a return flight on 7th April, 2020 but due to travel ban and border restrictions I am unable to come back on 7th April. I will return hopefully on may and the study permit will be expire.
I need to start work immediately after I will land Canada. I read on CIC that International graduates who apply for a PGWP before the expiry of their study permit are only able to begin legally working in Canada. I need to apply online for PGWP as I need to start work immediately.
Case I: Can I apply outside Canada and put mailing address inside Canada? I heard that they will send me back because I need my work permit to be approved from my home country.
Case II: Can I apply inside Canada? Would there be issue at Border?

What would be the best scenario to apply PGWP online before the expiry of study permit (22nd April).. ?

I will be thankful on your response.
Regards,
Osama
[/QUO
ur pgwp approved now

M6066

Aug 1, 2021
Let me tell you , firstly, they arent gonna ask anything from you , they can pull all ur info ,, now if they ask , tell them that you completed your studies and ur on implied status and .. make sure u keep ur clg documents with you like .. graduation letter and transcript and also the letter u receive when u apply for pgwp .. they wont be asked tbh but just to be on the safe side. Your not the only one doing this …. There are thousands of ppl … enjoy ur stay .
Thank you so much