+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi All
My application date that I applied was on May14 th
I had called to IRCC today they said that they have started processing today but there is no update in the web page yet, hope we will soon receive and update soon
Started processing your app? Is that what they said?

Tania TSN

Jun 29, 2021
You can refer to the definition here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#maintained-status

Maintained status (while processing an application)This is a legal extension of status that allows temporary residents to stay in Canada while we process their application. To be eligible, the temporary resident must apply to extend their status before it expires. This used to be known as “implied status.”

Once you file your application and IRCC acknowledges receipt of your application, you are under “implied status”. Basically having the same rights as that of an approved application (until such time that decision has been made).
Just an update i received a letter saying I can work with no limit and that it is my proof of authorization to work ! Today !

Reactions: micjean

rogers2929

Jul 14, 2021
Lot of people from 14th May haven't received their PGWP yet. I am wondering if there are lot people before 14th May who haven't received their permits?

Kazmanowk

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Lot of people from 14th May haven't received their PGWP yet. I am wondering if there are lot people before 14th May who haven't received their permits?
They are probably processing study permit extension applications now, especially july and August. It will take a long time before pgwp speeds up.