+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
May 18th no change lolz
Anyone wanna share last 5 digits?

We could know how many apps in between.

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
@captainarabiia Not 100% sure that the application number is in order, but assuming it is. I'm about 2000 slots ahead of you and I also applied on May 18. Waterloo released marks on around 16th so thousands could apply ~18th even from this one school.

• Wow
Reactions: captainarabiia

Tania TSN

Jun 29, 2021
If you applied for PGWP before your SP expired, you are allowed to work under implied status.
Hi!
How did you prove that you are authorized to work under implied status ? Do you receive a letter after you apply for PGWP ? Or did you do a loe or something else ?
I’m about to apply for tr to pr and just submitted my PGWP but I don’t know what to do for that ...

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi!
How did you prove that you are authorized to work under implied status ? Do you receive a letter after you apply for PGWP ? Or did you do a loe or something else ?
I’m about to apply for tr to pr and just submitted my PGWP but I don’t know what to do for that ...
You can refer to the definition here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#maintained-status

Maintained status (while processing an application)This is a legal extension of status that allows temporary residents to stay in Canada while we process their application. To be eligible, the temporary resident must apply to extend their status before it expires. This used to be known as “implied status.”

Once you file your application and IRCC acknowledges receipt of your application, you are under “implied status”. Basically having the same rights as that of an approved application (until such time that decision has been made).

Reactions: Tania TSN

Tania TSN

Jun 29, 2021
You can refer to the definition here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#maintained-status

Maintained status (while processing an application)This is a legal extension of status that allows temporary residents to stay in Canada while we process their application. To be eligible, the temporary resident must apply to extend their status before it expires. This used to be known as “implied status.”

Once you file your application and IRCC acknowledges receipt of your application, you are under “implied status”. Basically having the same rights as that of an approved application (until such time that decision has been made).
Thanks I appreciate that !

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I am about 5000 ahead of you and applied on 18th May at 7am. But again it depends on a lot of factors.

The letter W also contains other work permits as well, even one applying from outside Canada will have W.
Let's hope PGWP apps are less than what we're calculating.

Reactions: micjean

Amandeep151

Jul 15, 2021
On Monday , it will be 53 days for me. I applied on May 28. And even May 18 applicant have not got any updates. Looks like irccc will extend the timeline again. They seem quite slow
My Sister and a few of her Classmates who applied on 7th May are still waiting to get PGWP approved. IRCC is very slow now

Reactions: JzR

Deepakhr91

Jul 7, 2021
Hi All
My processing date was on May14 th
I had called to IRCC they said that they have started processing but there is no update in the web page yet hope we will soon receive and update soon

Deepakhr91

Jul 7, 2021
Hi All
My application date that I applied was on May14 th
I had called to IRCC today they said that they have started processing today but there is no update in the web page yet, hope we will soon receive and update soon

Reactions: micjean and JzR