+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

gavisharora

Sep 2, 2016
I need some advice guys, I applied on may 14 and still haven’t heard yet but I really need to go back to my home country for a few months. I was waiting for the permit to be approved first and then leave but it doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen in the next couple days. If I leave Canada now on applied status, what would be the worst case scenario? Thanks

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
I need some advice guys, I applied on may 14 and still haven’t heard yet but I really need to go back to my home country for a few months. I was waiting for the permit to be approved first and then leave but it doesn’t look like it’s gonna happen in the next couple days. If I leave Canada now on applied status, what would be the worst case scenario? Thanks
I think worst case is that you would be refused. Not sure on the formalities but it wouldn't hurt to check.

JzR

Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys, I applied my PGWP on May 27 and still waiting on decision. I know I can legally work full time right now but do IT software companies need an approved work permit for considering international students like me for a full time job?

I have previous 5 year IT experience , Canadian Masters degree in Comp Science and required skillset set. But when i apply for jobs, the companies reject my application. i am thinking could the pending work permit be the issue? While applying I mentioned that my work permit is awaiting decision.

Last edited:

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hello guys, I applied my PGWP on May 27 and still waiting on decision. I know I can legally work full time right now but do IT software companies need an approved work permit for considering international students like me for a full time job?

I have previous 5 year IT experience , Canadian Masters degree in Comp Science and required skillset set. But when i apply for jobs, the companies reject my application. i am thinking could the pending work permit be the issue? While applying I mentioned that my work permit is awaiting decision.
It depends from company to company. I work in advertising and my company was okay with me working on implied status. I applied 7th May and still haven't received an update. You should definitely apply and interview for jobs now while you're waiting for approval.

Reactions: singhfromdelhi

singhfromdelhi

May 10, 2019
Hey Guys,
Just got my work permit approved today.
Applied: 8th May
Submission Confirmation: 9th May
Review of Eligibility started: 29th June
Approved: 29th June

Overall I didn't have a very smooth experience. The 42-day timeline passed for me, they never picked up my call while my employer was asking for a work permit update.

Anyway, I hope you guys get it approved soon.
Good luck Guys!!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey Guys,

Overall I didn't have a very smooth experience. The 42-day timeline passed for me, they never picked up my call while my employer was asking for a work permit update.

Good luck Guys!!
Congrats!

Reactions: singhfromdelhi

muncher124

Jun 29, 2021
Hey Guys,

Good luck Guys!!
Congrats!!! How long after you the eligibility review did you get approved? Mine started 7 hours ago and I have nothing yet.