+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Can someone help me understand - Why is everyone stressed about receiving PGWP? Did you not get a letter from IRCC that says you can start working full-time and that you are on implied status. So it shouldn't matter when the visa is approved, right?

Reactions: captainarabiia

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Can someone help me understand - Why is everyone stressed about receiving PGWP? Did you not get a letter from IRCC that says you can start working full-time and that you are on implied status. So it shouldn't matter when the visa is approved, right?
True, but there is always the 'what if'

Reactions: AMP20

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
Fair. But that is mainly for people who have maybe breached study permit rules right?
Yeah, I haven't breached any rules, I am just an anxious person in general so it stresses me out quite a bit. Plus I made 2 mistakes in the IMM5710 form but I submitted a webform with the corrected information, I just hope that it'll be okay.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
As long as you guys complied with your SP conditions (remaining full time unless its the final semester, never worked more than 20hrs per week during regular semester, DLI offers programs that qualifies for PGWP, etc.), then you’re going to get your PGWP approval. You can also get an extension if your passport is about to expire and your PGWP should be longer beyond passport expiration.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Yeah, I haven't breached any rules, I am just an anxious person in general so it stresses me out quite a bit. Plus I made 2 mistakes in the IMM5710 form but I submitted a webform with the corrected information, I just hope that it'll be okay.
Don’t stress yourself too much. Webform was designed to allow the applicant to correct possible mistakes. IRCC acknowledges mistakes do happen.

Reactions: Callumjee

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
As long as you guys complied with your SP conditions (remaining full time unless its the final semester, never worked more than 20hrs per week during regular semester, DLI offers programs that qualifies for PGWP, etc.), then you’re going to get your PGWP approval. You can also get an extension if your passport is about to expire and your PGWP should be longer beyond passport expiration.
Totally agree with you,
The wait can be frustrating for some, when they see apps approved from different dates of submissions.

But imagine waiting for AOR for apps submitted on same day May 6th, TR2PR, and waiting since 6 weeks lol. Atleast it's not that bad for PGWP. We will get our approvals soon.

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Totally agree with you,
The wait can be frustrating for some, when they see apps approved from different dates of submissions.

But imagine waiting for AOR for apps submitted on same day May 6th, TR2PR, and waiting since 6 weeks lol. Atleast it's not that bad for PGWP. We will get our approvals soon.
That’s true, it is really stressful. And I did stress out myself when I was waiting for my PGWP. I can’t extend my SIN nor can I apply for provincial healthcare. Plus, my passport was expiring so I was already sure that I would only get my PGWP up to passport expiration. Also, I applied during the height of the pandemic. Took my application three months and a half before decision.

Reactions: captainarabiia

De67

Jul 30, 2015
Hi all, I’m hoping to get some advice from you guys. I studied for my first 2 semesters at a different DLI and I was full time there, I took 3 courses each semester and then I took a scheduled break. After my break I transferred to a different DLI and i just realized on my final transcript it only shows the transferable courses. I only attached the final transcript but not my transcript from the first school. Will this be a problem? Should I submit a webform? (I applied for pgwp on june 2nd)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi all, I’m hoping to get some advice from you guys. I studied for my first 2 semesters at a different DLI and I was full time there, I took 3 courses each semester and then I took a scheduled break. After my break I transferred to a different DLI and i just realized on my final transcript it only shows the transferable courses. I only attached the final transcript but not my transcript from the first school. Will this be a problem? Should I submit a webform? (I applied for pgwp on june 2nd)
Yes, it can be a problem. You have to show the officer that you did some courses at the first school and prove you were full time. Send a webform.

Reactions: De67