+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied on March 10 and review of eligibility started today. Hoping i get approval soon.
Should be soon, maybe today or tomorrow.
Keep checking your account, IRCC sends out emails late sometimes :)

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Any updates?
Hi,
I had called IRCC. They told me that there is not any problem with my application! but they have not started to review my eligibility, yet!!! I have submitted my application 7 months ago!! now the processing time is just 34 days... She just told me I put a note on your application for the review!
I really do not understand what is going on. do you have any idea about this situation?
Moreover, I have asked my local MP to help. Today, he had asked me to fill a form to be able to contact IRCC.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
You cannot re-apply now since the days have passed. You have 180 days after you get your final marks to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP).

If you notice, his application was transferred to a local office, usually that's what happens when a file is delayed for more than 4-5 months.
Not sure why his app was sent to a local office, but it could be for any reason.
Lately there were some files transferred, usually happens when a senior officer needs to review it. Your status hasn't changed at all which is kinda surprising.

When you call IRCC, 1-888-242-2100, they will let you know exact detail of your file and what's happening.
Your first step is to call and ask, keep trying to call till you get connected to an agent !
When I applied for my SP extension I used to call that number maybe even 10 times in a span of 5 mins, just to be in line. You can also request a call back I believe.

Second and third steps are for GCMs notes and getting your MP involved. GCMS notes show exactly what's happening with your file and every movement since the date you applied.
There is no issue in calling in to check, IRCC call center agents are providing a service, and you are the client !
Keep me updated.
Hi,
Just to update you, I had called IRCC. They told me that there is not any problem with my application! but they have not started to review my eligibility, yet!!! I have submitted my application 7 months ago!! now the processing time is just 34 days... She just told me I put a note on your application for the review!
I really do not understand what is going on. do you have any idea about this situation?
Moreover, I have asked my local MP to help. Today, he had asked me to fill a form to be able to contact IRCC.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,
Just to update you, I had called IRCC. They told me that there is not any problem with my application! but they have not started to review my eligibility, yet!!! I have submitted my application 7 months ago!! now the processing time is just 34 days... She just told me I put a note on your application for the review!
Good news, atleast something is happening. Did you apply for GCMS notes yet? Honestly I have no idea, once we get GCMS notes we will know exactly what's happening. And since she made a note on your file, hopefully it gets into processing.

Reactions: Mae.Will

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Good news, atleast something is happening. Did you apply for GCMS notes yet? Honestly I have no idea, once we get GCMS notes we will know exactly what's happening. And since she made a note on your file, hopefully it gets into processing.
Yes, I have applied for GCMS notes, as well, but not received them yet. I hope the note that she put be helpful or the MP can push them to process my application.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: captainarabiia

Stu_new_2021

Apr 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone currently applied for PGWP for 1-year graduate study?
I am completing my course in April 2021 for 8 months course and was wondering how long my PGWP will be?
Can I only apply after getting a course completion letter or getting a job offer letter?

Any responses will be appreciated.

Thank you!