+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

VincentVally

Feb 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
27-11-2022
Do they process the applications on first come first serve or randomly. I applied on January 8. But still no update
I think they process application with similar (or exact same situation) nature on a first come first serve basis. However, if you are in a different program/Two program combined/LOE/restoration of study permit/ other complex situation, your application can be delayed. And it depends on the location as well ( I heard of Toronto and Vancouver is really fast)

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I've applied for my pgwp extension under new public policy on Jan 27th 2021. As my pgwp expired on Jan 21st 2021, I've to apply for my restoration as well. So I did. But now a days pgwp are getting accepted with 2-3 weeks after applying!! Is that true?
And also I'd like to know there is anyone who applied under new public policy and got accepted in recent days?

Reactions: Kishan18

JayFM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi guys I'm new to this forum, I've applied for my pgwp extension under new public policy on Jan 27th 2021. As my pgwp expired on Jan 21st 2021, I've to apply for my restoration as well. So I did. But now a days pgwp are getting accepted with 2-3 weeks after applying!! Is that true?
And also I'd like to know there is anyone who applied under new public policy and got accepted in recent days?
Same here, applied for restoration under the new PGWP policy on 4th February 2021, I think our applications might be delayed because of the restoration, however, I hope they will process the applications fast because most of us cant work right now ...:(
Anyone applying under the new policy?

All the best to everyone!

Reactions: Kishan18

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Same here, applied for restoration under the new PGWP policy on 4th February 2021, I think our applications might be delayed because of the restoration, however, I hope they will process the applications fast because most of us cant work right now ...:(
Anyone applying under the new policy?

All the best to everyone!
Yeah lot of people having same issue as they can't work while their work permit is under process. But is there any other way to convince the visa officer by submitting our letter of employment and get work approval until the application is under process. If it takes took long might be I loose this opportunity where this work helps me to get the PR. I'm so much worried about the processing time. My biometrics has been updated as well

co2020

May 31, 2020
Yes especially when I saw visitor record is 200 days.

But guess what I got an email a few moments ago of a new message in my account. When I signed in, a letter of withdrawal has been attached to the one I applied with my dependents on the 20th and later withdrew. The new application I made alone is now showing we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements but surprisingly my dependents application is also showing the same review of eligibility and it was not withdrawn.

When I sent the withdrawal request through webform and got a response through email. I was told the V.O makes the final decision on the withdrawal. The reason I gave for the withdrawal is due to ''the difference in processing times'' of work permits and visitor records. Hopefully they intend to give all of us at once.
Update: While my PGWP was approved on the 12th, My dependents applications have been approved today the 16th. Whew saves us the stress of reapplying. Thank you all for your support.

Reactions: JayFM