+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Thank you. I am already working. I am anxious because my job is a qualifying NOC, and It would be great to have the permit as quickly as possible so my work experience can start counting towards CEC.
Your experience starts to count from the date you applied! :)

See tweet here:
and other thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-work-experience-gained-while-waiting-for-pgwp-count-for-cec.387011/

As long as you applied for PGWP within 90 days of program completion, you were authorized to work off campus, and your study permit is still valid when you applied, then the work is authorized and counts towards CEC. Just clarify this when you apply for the PR.

• Wow
Reactions: co2020

co2020

May 31, 2020
Your experience starts to count from the date you applied! :)

See tweet here:
and other thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/does-work-experience-gained-while-waiting-for-pgwp-count-for-cec.387011/

As long as you applied for PGWP within 90 days of program completion, you were authorized to work off campus, and your study permit is still valid when you applied, then the work is authorized and counts towards CEC. Just clarify this when you apply for the PR.
Had no idea. Wow thank you for this information.

Reactions: rambag98

JO11

Feb 6, 2021
I have been following this forum ... so just wanted to to share that I applied my PGWP on 5 Feb and today I got an e-mail regarding status change but there was no changes in my account .

Kishan18

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
I applied PGWP on 4th January, 2021 but so far only UCI has been updated. I got the biometric fees back on 21st January, 2021 but no update on application. My other friends who applied for PGWP much later most of them got in 10-15 days. Any idea what must have happened to my application?
Did your friends got their PGWP in less than a month?

Kishan18

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
I have been following this forum ... so just wanted to to share that I applied my PGWP on 5 Feb and today I got an e-mail regarding status change but there was no changes in my account .
Does your application says it’s in progress?

Reactions: JO11

Kishan18

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Applied on 18t Jan,
Eligibility review on 2 Feb
Approved on 2 Feb.
Three years WP

Please mind, I have never received a message/email that my application was approved or that status changed. At all!
Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats buddy!

so how did you know if your application was approved since you didn’t receive any email or application updates?

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
That's them adding your UCI or putting the application into the system, I got 2 of those (one a day after and another a few days after)

Reactions: JO11

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Asking for a friend....If he completed a 14 month Post Grad Paralegal course in 11 months would be get PGWP for 11 months or 14 months?
Any help is appreciated...