+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I have a question if anyone can guide me on this..
I have 3 months till my study in Canada ends and my study permit expires on July 31. I have not visited my family in years and got an airline ticket pending. I was thinking that if I were to visit them first and apply for a study permit after coming back, will there be a problem? I also have to do medical for the pgwp.

Last edited:

ahmadmujtaba

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
I have 3 months till my study in Canada ends and my study permit expires on July 31. I have not visited my family in years and got an airline ticket pending. I was thinking that if I were to visit them first and apply for a study permit after coming back, will there be a problem? I also have to do medical for the pgwp.
I would suggest that you get your PGWP first. Nowadays, its only taking few days to get approved for PGWP. I know its hard to stay away from family but you already waited for years, I say just wait a little bit more, get the PGWP and then you are free to travel.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
I would wait for the PGWP, as a student you would need to quarantine when you come back here with your university, and I'm not sure how that will work if you graduated.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Applied on 18t Jan,
Eligibility review on 2 Feb
Approved on 2 Feb.
Three years WP

Please mind, I have never received a message/email that my application was approved or that status changed. At all!
Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Applied on 18t Jan,
Eligibility review on 2 Feb
Approved on 2 Feb.
Three years WP

Please mind, I have never received a message/email that my application was approved or that status changed. At all!
Maybe it will come tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats, looks like IRCC isn't sending emails lately lol.
Same issue back in 2019 for my SP extension.