+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied on january 10th, today (january 9th) my application changed to reviewing your eligibility. It's only been 9 days.
Expect an update before Friday, hopefully !
I do remember you had issues with your passport expiring right?

Reactions: drsamu

drsamu

Dec 10, 2020
Hi everyone.
I got approved 3y pgwp today.
It took them only 10 days.
I took 2 semesters off because my passport expired and I was off status and almost everyone told me I have little to no chance of getting approved. I submitted a LOE with my application and they approved it.
Thanks everyone for your help

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi everyone.
I took 2 semesters off because my passport expired and I was off status and almost everyone told me I have little to no chance of getting approved. I submitted a LOE with my application and they approved it.
Congrats! Great to know that they do give some consideration when the circumstances are explained with an LOE.

Reactions: Lily.I and drsamu

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi everyone.

Congrats !

Reactions: drsamu

naresh_bc

Dec 9, 2020
Hi everyone,
I received my PGWP last month valid until mid 2022 as that is when my passport expires. I have eTA in my passport, which I got when I got my study permit in 2018, valid until the end of 2021. I hope as I already have a valid eTA, I do not have to renew it or anything for travel purpose.

Relevant links and information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

deepgarvit

Jun 16, 2020
i have a question, When somebody apply for pgwp and have job in NOC O,A & B, can spouse apply for his open work permit as well as spouse is already in Canada during her studies time.. and Can they both apply together in same form..
IF not, then can spouse work while he is waiting for prinicipal applicant's visa approval.??

Jreet

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
i have a question, When somebody apply for pgwp and have job in NOC O,A & B, can spouse apply for his open work permit as well as spouse is already in Canada during her studies time.. and Can they both apply together in same form..
IF not, then can spouse work while he is waiting for prinicipal applicant's visa approval.??
Yea spouse can work during that time and you acn apply together if primary applicant have 3 paysrubs in noc a b o category

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Hello everyone! My pgwp was aproved today for three years. My eligibility started yesterday, I checked today and saw it has been approved even though I didn't recieve any email.

Applied: Dec 25
Approval: Jan 12

I applied in Toronto with unofficial transcript and LOE.
Hey, when you submitted on Dec 25, did you get the submission confirmation in your account? I submitted on the same day with you with official papers issued by the university. Nothing has happened just yet. Even the confirmation was not generated.

Vikaspatel626

Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone applied for my pgwp on sep 22 as I regularly check for any changes i saw that there is a change it shows as we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
How long does it takes to get the results