+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I just paid the restoration fee and attached it with a LOE. On my ircc account it says we are reviewing your eligibility. And yesterday i just got a mail from the government saying that you study permit has been approved and a document has been sent. But it was issued only for a day.
That's correct.... and the reason your application got delayed then other PGWP is because of the restoration as it changes the category you applied for as it is considered as restoration application... don't worry you will get a reply in few days..

though wait until you get the work permit approved before you start working again... also the reason you got just 1 day approval for study permit is they restored you as a student so they can process the work permit.....

Reactions: Xeto1993

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
That's correct.... and the reason your application got delayed then other PGWP is because of the restoration as it changes the category you applied for as it is considered as restoration application... don't worry you will get a reply in few days..

though wait until you get the work permit approved before you start working again... also the reason you got just 1 day approval for study permit is they restored you as a student so they can process the work permit.....
Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate :)

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Copied from the website:

Biometric fee

If you meet one of the above 2 exemptions, you don’t have to pay the biometric fee when you submit your application, even if the system tells you to pay it.

If you paid the fee, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.
Thanks.. I had to pay for a bio fee, unfortunately. There was no button to change the amount when paying with credit card

chiar0n

Jul 8, 2019
Just got my permit approved for a year and half after only 12 days from the submission day. Like other people in this forum, i haven’t got any notification via email from CIC regarding this.

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Just got my permit approved for a year and half after only 12 days from the submission day. Like other people in this forum, i haven’t got any notification via email from CIC regarding this.
Why so short? How long did you study?
Congrats!

Jsprtk

Jan 18, 2021
Hi
I have applied for my pgwp with restoration receipt on oct 28.
Any one on the same boat or waiting for pgwp applied in October?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I studied for a year (3 semesters) and my passport expires in June 2022 so i guess that’s why they gave me a year an half
Yes, the same thing happened to me. They gave me a work permit for 1.5 years and even though I was eligible for 3 years. They added a note to my work permit that I can apply for an extension after my passport renewal.

Reactions: chiar0n