+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Cath621

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Hey guys, I applied on January 10, today the application status changed from we received your application to we are processing your application. Does that mean I will get my answer in few days or I still have to wait for weeks or months.
Thank you for your answers.
If they begin to review your eligibility then it will be just a few days to go but i don’t think this message is like that.
but dont worry too much. A lot of people submitted recently got approval in 2-3 wks

Reactions: drsamu

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Finally for me to post good news here. More than 6months!!
Submit: May 23
Request additional documents: Oct 17
Submit additional documents: Oct 17
Eligibility review: November 27
Approval: November 30
Since I can’t log in to the account fully, I saw some update at first page and became approval under status. Can’t click to view full status. So I called them, and asked them to check the status for me. They told me it’s approved.
Btw, the person also confirmed that the website is having some issue for today....
Congratulations! Can you tell me on which number did you call them and through which app? I've been trying to call them around their office hours through textnow app since almost a week now but no luck.

Reactions: Lily.I

Nimble

Jan 23, 2020
Submitted October 24th 2019
Approved January 15 2021

Called multiple times throughout to no aid, even before COVID.

Wish I could offer advice other than sit and wait. Maybe this brings somebody hope that their situation will be resolved too.

Reactions: Lily.I

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
I just a mail from IRCC stating that my study permit has been approved as i had a restoration. It is only valid for today and have sent the permit to my mailing address.My work permit application, it still says we are reviewing the eligibility. I was wandering if i fall in the inplied status or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: santzapaul

Nimble

Jan 23, 2020
I just a mail from IRCC stating that my study permit has been approved as i had a restoration. It is only valid for today and have sent the permit to my mailing address.My work permit application, it still says we are reviewing the eligibility. I was wandering if i fall in the inplied status or not?
You should be good as long as you haven't left the country since applying for work permit.

quarantine2020

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I got my work permit approved yesterday. Approval time: 2 weeks. Applied Dec 31, 2020. I expect the physical document to arrive within next week.

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
No i havent. So i can start working again?
If you applied for work permit with restoration of status I don’t think you can start working until you get the work permit approved.

What I think they restored your status as a student and now they will process your work permit.

Just to clear up my mind did you apply your work permit with a restoration form?

Reactions: Harman1104

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
If you applied for work permit with restoration of status I don’t think you can start working until you get the work permit approved.

What I think they restored your status as a student and now they will process your work permit.

Just to clear up my mind did you apply your work permit with a restoration form?
I just paid the restoration fee and attached it with a LOE. On my ircc account it says we are reviewing your eligibility. And yesterday i just got a mail from the government saying that you study permit has been approved and a document has been sent. But it was issued only for a day.

Gurmukh_1992

Dec 16, 2020
Hi Everyone

I am posting my timeline here.
Applied: 28 Sept, 2020

ISSUE:: MAY BE HELPFUL FOR THOSE APPLYING AFTER THESIS PROGRAM

I did M.Sc. with thesis and I worked on my thesis in some of the terms. I did not take any courses during those terms. But it does not reflect on my transcripts. Immigration officer asked me to explain why I was not taking any courses during those terms. I submitted a letter and attached documents from my supervisor and university saying that I was a full time student during those terms and working on my thesis.

Finally got approved 1 week of submissions of the requested docs (on 14 Jan, 2021)

Thanks a lot guys. This forum helped a lot to track.