+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Gurmukh_1992

Dec 16, 2020
Depends on how quick the VO gets it.
What was the issue? Why did VO ask for a letter?
Thanks for your reply.
It was actually pgwp application and I was working on my thesis in some terms and was not taking any courses which is usual in thesis based programs. But officer was in doubt that I was studying part time during those terms. So I just send him a letter of explanation with confirmations from my university and supervisor.
PS all my class mates got approvals right away without showing any proofs. I was a little unfortunate lol.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thanks for your reply.
It was actually pgwp application and I was working on my thesis in some terms and was not taking any courses which is usual in thesis based programs. But officer was in doubt that I was studying part time during those terms. So I just send him a letter of explanation with confirmations from my university and supervisor.
PS all my class mates got approvals right away without showing any proofs. I was a little unfortunate lol.
Should be fine since VO requested addtls docs and didn't reject you.
All the best !

KyleXY

Apr 23, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-10-2022
Hello everyone! My pgwp was aproved today for three years. My eligibility started yesterday, I checked today and saw it has been approved even though I didn't recieve any email.

Applied: Dec 25
Approval: Jan 12

I applied in Toronto with unofficial transcript and LOE.

Ravi614

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi everyone, applied on December 18th, eligibility review started on January 11th and approved on January 12th. ( Without biometrics). I wish everyone good luck

Reactions: Lily.I

drsamu

Dec 10, 2020
Hello everyone! My pgwp was aproved today for three years. My eligibility started yesterday, I checked today and saw it has been approved even though I didn't recieve any email.

Congratulations. May I ask what was the reason you added LOE ?

Reactions: Lily.I

Sid31893

Dec 8, 2020
You might be getting really anxious waiting for so long...
Hello Everyone
Today I got approval of my PGWP for 3 years.

27 June 2020 : Applied PGWP
11 January 2021 : Reviewing Application
12 January 2021: Application approved.

It takes almost 6.5 months and it is crazy.
Anyone who is waiting their approval just patience and call IRCC everyweek and remind them.

This forum is very helpful and informative.

Thank you so much everyone.
Always hopeful.
Cheers.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Wow, that's record processing time !!!
Congrats :)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello Everyone
Today I got approval of my PGWP for 3 years.

27 June 2020 : Applied PGWP
11 January 2021 : Reviewing Application
12 January 2021: Application approved.

It takes almost 6.5 months and it is crazy.
Anyone who is waiting their approval just patience and call IRCC everyweek and remind them.

This forum is very helpful and informative.

Thank you so much everyone.
Always hopeful.
Cheers.
Patience is the key. Might be hard seeing approvals of other apps in quick time.

Congrats ;)

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020

Hi did you also submit (later or initially) the official completion letter from the college/university or just the unofficial transcript ?

---------------------------------------------
(as per requirement)
All you need to apply for a PGWP is
  • an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program, and
  • an official transcript, or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website.
--------------------------------------------

So were you able to get the official letter from school to submit later, or was that not needed ?

Last edited:

KyleXY

Apr 23, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-10-2022
Congratulations. May I ask what was the reason you added LOE ?
I added LOE to explain that I am unable to obtain official transcript because my school is currently only issuing unofficial. My final term was also part-time, so I mentioned that too.

Reactions: drsamu

KyleXY

Apr 23, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-10-2022
Hi did you also submit (later or initially) the official completion letter from the college/university or just the unofficial transcript ?

---------------------------------------------
(as per requirement)
All you need to apply for a PGWP is
  • an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program, and
  • an official transcript, or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website.
--------------------------------------------

So were you able to get the official letter from school to submit later, or was that not needed ?
Yes, I also submitted an official completion letter in my application. So both completion letter and unofficial transcript.

Mandeep24

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!!!!!

My brother applied on 7th February 2020 with complete online application from inside Canada and till this time he doesn't get results. He called and raise webform many time but no specific answer just told that delay dure to covid. He even called his Local MP for help but nothing change.He got GCMS notes which only state poor fingerprints. No special comment by officer or no additional document request by IRCC. So, please advise what should he do to counter this situation. Please tell any other method to speed up process.

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Patience is the key. Might be hard seeing approvals of other apps in quick time.

Congrats ;)
That's true it's hard to see some applications get's processed much faster though everyone have to be patient but I believe they really need a better system.. I'm aware that a lot of things are involved when some applications get delayed and some applications get approved faster like the officer the case is appointed to or the processing center the application is being processed at but things can be much more smoother if they implement a better system..

Govt. already knows about the poor system they currently have and Immigration Minister Marco Medicino already acknowledged this issue and mentioned that they will work on implementing a better system and I hope some actions are taken.

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE!!!!!!

My brother applied on 7th February 2020 with complete online application from inside Canada and till this time he doesn't get results. He called and raise webform many time but no specific answer just told that delay dure to covid. He even called his Local MP for help but nothing change.He got GCMS notes which only state poor fingerprints. No special comment by officer or no additional document request by IRCC. So, please advise what should he do to counter this situation. Please tell any other method to speed up process.
When you contacted your local MP did they take any actions, as the MP has better chance to speed up things and they will get better answer from IRCC then just the GCMS Notes.

One of my friend's PR application was delayed and he contacted his local MP Office and they were able to pull out much more info then that was mentioned on GCMS Notes.